Surreal Illusions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surreal Illusions

This is a site for the members. You as a member get to choose how things go here

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
mascara_tears
Hell Poster
Hell Poster
mascara_tears

Number of posts : 5807
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)   Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 6:28 am

"It's fine" Jessie said with a shrug of her shoulders, she had never been one to really decorate things as she didn't see the point in it. Crossing her arms over her stomach a little Jessie jumped a little at a loud clap of thunder which she hadn't been expecting, "I forgot there was a storm coming" she said with a slight laugh and she shake of her head. Jessie wouldn't openly admit it but storms freaked her out a bit, "Thanks for doing this whole teaching me thing" Jessie said after a moment trying to make herself not feel so awkward around Astor as she had never spent time alone with a guy before let alone a guy she didn't know.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

Number of posts : 4483
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)   Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 6:18 am

Astor let out a small sign before waving back at Quinn and making his way back inside. The first thing he saw was Jessie washing the coffee cup along with the comment about a lover's quarrel, "I suppose you could say that." He replied as he walked closer to his student, "Does your room work out for you? I dont exactly have much to decorate it with, but I'm sure you can find something to give it that home touch." He spoke up seeing how tense she was about the situation.
Back to top Go down
mascara_tears
Hell Poster
Hell Poster
mascara_tears

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)   Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 6:11 am

Quinn threw up her hands when he tipped an invisible hat at her "I'm going to read about your death in the paper" she said shaking her head turning on her heel she headed back for her car. Reaching her car she opened the drivers side door and looked at Astor "Just...be careful you old ass" Quinn said before she got into the car and drove away.

Jessie had managed to hear bits and pieces of their conversation but not enough for her to know who the woman was or why she was there, finishing off her cup of coffee Jessie walked out of the bedroom he had given her and into the kitchen to wash the cup up. Walking back for the room she stopped when Astor came back in and Jessie smiled at him a little "Lovers quarrel?" she asked teasingly as she had obviously heard the angry tone the woman was giving off and Jessie just wanted to try and poke fun at Astor a little to try and make herself feel a little more comfortable about her situation.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)   Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 6:03 am

Actor mostly stayed silent as Quinn went on about Jessie and how dangerous she was. Everything down to the jab about his age didn't even seem to phase him no matter how hard Quinn tried to keep convincing him otherwise, "I think that I'll take my chances. If she is anything like you, then what she needs is someone to properly guide her." He then made a small tip of an invisible hat dismissing Quinn if she was done, "And trust me. A lot of things 'can' kill me, it's most a matter of letting them." He answered back ready to step back in the house, "Now if you don't mind. I'm going to need to prepare some course of action for my new student. It was nice seeing someone. Even if it has been a long while. "
Back to top Go down
mascara_tears
Hell Poster
Hell Poster
mascara_tears

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)   Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 5:51 am

Quinn pointed a finger at Astor as soon as she felt the space around them cool down "Don't do that to me Astor" she snapped, when he said that he couldn't just toss her out Quinn shook her head "How many have you taken in after me Astor? Hm? You can't handle a Phoenix, no offence but you're not young anymore" Quinn pointed out taking a jab at his age. "I'll take her back to her aunts if I have to, neither of us can help her" Quinn stated, she didn't know how on earth Astor would try and handle something he hadn't handled before "If you absolutely think you can keep a Phoenix contained I'll leave but Astor she could kill you".
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)   Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 5:45 am

Astor tucked his hands in his pockets at the mention of what Jessie was. He had never thought he would ever meet with an actual Phoenix in his life time, no matter how dangerous they might be, "You know that I can't just throw her to the wolves Quinn." The space around them slowly cooled after Astor saw that look in her face, "And just tossing her out would more than likely make things worse. Look, I know that you're watching out for me. I just can't leave someone with nothing. Especially since she's all on her own at this point."
Back to top Go down
mascara_tears
Hell Poster
Hell Poster
mascara_tears

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)   Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 5:36 am

Quinn almost looked frustrated at Astor when he called her kid a nickname she hated him calling her, she had always hated how calm he could be even when she felt like everything was falling down around her. "Yes she's mine. But this isn't about me okay" she said sounding exasperated "She's not like me or any other elements you've had before Astor" Quinn stated as she clenched her hands into fists trying to keep herself calm so she wouldn't try and set him on fire like she had tried to do a lot as a teen, "Her father was, is, a Phoenix". Biting her bottom lip she studied Astor's face closely "You can't help her, I should never have left the letter for her to be brought here. You have to send her away" Quinn said urgently as she knew how bad a Phoenix could get if when it came to their temper.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)   Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 5:28 am

Astor, now watching his new student make herself at home by having her kick the door shut behind her, looked back at his front door with something of a raised eye brow, "Really now? Two in a night?" He spoke to himself moving to the door and listening to Quinn speak through the door. It opened up just a few seconds later for Astor and Quinn to meet face to face after such a long time, "Hey kid. It's been a while." He started trying to let things calm down a bit before closing the door behind him, "So. She's your kid. Now what's this all about?" He asked trying to keep the more calm demeanor despite the rather urgent nature his former student had.
Back to top Go down
mascara_tears
Hell Poster
Hell Poster
mascara_tears

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)   Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 5:18 am

"That could work" Jessie laughed when he joked about putting her in a block if ice, as Astor explained how he became a trainer she nodded her head slowly before she looked over at the room he was looking at. "Okay" she said as she adjusted her bag on her shoulder before she headed out of the kitchen and into the bedroom, kicking the door closed behind herself Jessie walked over to the bed and dropped her bag down on it. Sitting down she put her coffee up on the bedside table as she sighed a little. This was new for her and something she had not at all been expecting when she got here. Hearing a car pulling up Jessie moved and looked out of the window as much as she could but only caught a glimpse of a very expensive looking car.

Quickly a very well dressed woman got out of the car, she looked like she didn't at all belong so far out but here she was, the woman in question didn't hesitate as she walked up onto the porch and opened Astors front door letting herself in. She remembered being here having Astor teach her to control herself just over eighteen years ago, her name was Quinn and she was Jessie's mother. Glancing around the cabin she looked at Astor "Astor please for the love of god tell me there is an eighteen year old girl here" she begged as she walked up to him and stopped inches from him, she knew she looked a lot different from the rebellious an angsty teen he had worked with. "Because if she is you need to know something important about her father" Quinn said anxiously, she knew it would be best for her not to stay too long as she couldn't bare the thought of coming face to face with the child she had left behind but she knew that Astor needed to know what he was dealing with.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)   Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 5:06 am

Astor shook his head with a small tinge of amusement with the thought of her randomly bursting into flames or catching things on fire, "And if you do I could always tuck you I to a block of ice until you're cooled off." He joked back now stepping off from the counter, "The trainer thing? Well, I took an unscheduled break for close to a decade, but before then, most of my adult life. Stuck around after I got a hold of myself and just never left." With his hands in his pockets he started to one if the few other rooms in the cabin, "Anyway. If you want to make yourself at home, here's your room. I'm the only real other bedroom in the cabin so if you need anything just give me a knock and I'll get out of bed to help you out. In the mean time. Try and set your room how you like."
Back to top Go down
mascara_tears
Hell Poster
Hell Poster
mascara_tears

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)   Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 4:56 am

Jessie shuffled her feet a little feeling the temperature return to what it was before and she tipped her head to the side a little, when he joked about freezing her coffee she shook her head "Uh I'm good" she said shrugging. Looking at his cup when it froze her lips parted in amazement, she had never seen someone do such a thing before. Frowning when he said that he didn't know how they did what they did Jessie scrunched her nose a little in disappointment, "Well I guess I'll be keeping you busy with my annoying habit of bursting into flames randomly" Jessie half joked. Sipping more of her coffee she glanced around a little bit more, there was something comforting about the cabin but Jessie knew it would be chaotic a little since she had a bad habit of setting beds on fire while she slept and because of that she had taken to sleeping in the bathtub at her aunt and uncles. "So how long have you been doing this trainer thing?" Jessie asked after cleaning her throat a little.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)   Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 4:43 am

Astor smirked at Jessie before the room came back to the temperature that it was when she walked into the room, "Well. If you like I can freeze it for you." He joked before taking another sip, "Ah. Now you ask the important questions." He stated before setting the cup down and placing a finger at the tip of his cup. The cup and contents instantly froze, "I suppose the best I can say, is that we are elementals. I dont know how exactly we do what we do. Maybe we had the spirits of mythical beasts in us. Maybe we're just freaks of nature. I'm not a scientist, just an instructor." He added in leaning against the kitchen counter, "And if you haven't noticed, my thing is making things cold. So in a way, a small counter to your untrained nature with burning things."
Back to top Go down
mascara_tears
Hell Poster
Hell Poster
mascara_tears

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)   Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 4:35 am

Thinking over his words Jessie frowned a little as soon as she felt the room grow colder, the sudden change made Jessie take her hands out of her pockets and wrap her arms around herself as if trying to fend off the sudden chill. "Preoccupied....right" she said slowly as she took the cup from him and sipped it slowly, when Astor mentioned her not thinking of anything burning or anything unnecessarily hot she snorted into her cup a little "You say that while we're drinking coffee" Jessie pointed out with a smirk. Cradling the cup in her hands she fixed Astor with a serious stare "You said our kind. What am I exactly?" Jessie questioned "Because all I know is I just set things on fire and I don't know why half the time".
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)   Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 4:23 am

Astor chuckled at Jessie's question, "Simple. I teach people like you to learn, control and adapt to the many changes our kind go through. Especially when we get into adulthood." He glanced to the side seeing the way she seemed to struggle with her other side almost immediately after she spoke. Within a few seconds the room grew a lot colder to counter the fact that she was heating up, "For one. Try to calm down and keep your mind preoccupied." He poured a cup of still steaming coffee before handing it to her, "So for the next little bit. Try not to think of anything burning, or unnecessarily hot." He added in before pouring himself a cup and sipping at it fresh from the pot.
Back to top Go down
mascara_tears
Hell Poster
Hell Poster
mascara_tears

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)   Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 4:13 am

Looking around when Astor took the letter from her she stayed quiet as he read, when he finished she put the letter back into her pocket and bit her bottom lip a little. For all she knew her mother was no longer alive as she had never met her, even her aunt who raised her didn't know if she was alive still. "So uh, what exactly do you do?" Jessie asked raising a brow wanting to know what the deal with this guy was, when he mentioned learning to control the other part of her Jessie laughed a little "Yeah, uh, until then I'll try to not burn down your place". Shaking her head Jessie shoved her hands into her front pockets as she watched Astor with a calculating eye, there obviously was a reason he did not seem surprised to see an eighteen year old on his porch after almost setting the whole thing on fire; just thinking about fire Jessie felt the palms of her hands heat up a little so she clenched her hands in her pockets to help her ignore the feeling.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)   Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 4:01 am

Astor gave a small nod while he started scooping several large spoons full of grounds into a coffee machine set up in a kitchen more or less combined into the living space not far from the front door. When offered, Astor took the letter that Jessie handed him with a brief look over the writing, "Yes. That would be me." He added in and handed the letter back, "It has been a long while since I've had someone over and I haven't had any time to prepare for a surprise tuition." He waited for the coffee to fully drip out with an empty cup, "Once you got your coffee I'll show you to your room. After that, try and relax for the rest of the day. Because tomorrow is when we get to learning to control that other part of you."
Back to top Go down
mascara_tears
Hell Poster
Hell Poster
mascara_tears

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)   Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 3:35 am

Jessie looked at the man with wide eyes waiting for him to get mad at her for her burning his porch, but when he seemed utterly unfazed by the sight she frowned a little. "Uh...coffee" she said uncertainly as she reached down and grabbed her bag, walking into the cabin after him Jessie close the door behind herself and she looked around a little. Reaching into the back left pocket on her jeans Jessie pulled out the note that had seen better days and held it up between her index and middle fingers, "More like a letter from my mother telling my aunt to dump me here. She said the man, who I guess must be you, will help me" Jessie said with a shrug of her shoulders as she let her eyes sweep over the man, he looked attractive in his own right even if he was a complete stranger who apparently was used to getting random people appearing on his porch.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)   Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 3:07 am

It had been a long while since anyone had been to Astor's quant little cabin in the woods. In the hay day of his 'career' he had been training young people to use and control abilities that they had yet to understand. The last person he had trained and given the go ahead to live their lives how they saw fit was nearly a decade ago and in that time, Astor had grown to enjoy the silence and solitude that living in this place offered.

Of course the peace and solitude was broken up by the sound of someone at his front porch which was followed by a scream and later the smell of burning wood, "Oh christ. Here we go again." Astor muttered to himself as he opened the door to see someone barely out of childhood set on his porch with a couple of hand shaped burn marks on the wood, "Let me guess. Mysterious letter from your parent telling you to head out here to my house?" He asked continuing on with a routine that he hadn't really performed in a long while, "If you come inside I can answer a few of your questions. You prefer coffee or tea?" He asked leaving the door open. He certainly did have a rough look to him, and he easily had fifteen years on her, but he wasn't going to leave a young girl out in the cold.
Back to top Go down
mascara_tears
Hell Poster
Hell Poster
mascara_tears

PostSubject: Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)   Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 2:16 am

Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 D95575e7896f28754d34aa06a8dbe403
Jessie could feel the nervousness bubbling up under her skin, clenching her hands into fists she put them between her knees and squeezed them as her Aunt drove. The silence was stifling but Jessie knew it was time for her to be taken to whenever the hell she was going, when her mother left her with her Aunt when she was a baby she had left a note that as soon as Jessie turned eighteen she was to be taken to a particular address so she could learn to control the thing inside of her. Jessie didn't know what she was all she knew was that anytime that she had an overload of emotions she somehow managed to set things and herself on fire. Noticing that they had come to a forest Jessie looked around with a frown watching the trees pass by, before too long they came to an opening in the trees and her Aunt stopped the car "I can't come with you Jessie, you need to do this alone" she said as she reached into the back seat grabbed Jessie's bag and handed it to her. Grasping her bag Jessie shook her head "Fine" she grumbled as she climbed out of the car and shut the door.

As soon as she had taken a few steps from the car her Aunt backed up and left, watching as the car left Jessie sighed and shook her head before she headed for the normal looking cabin. Climbing the steps onto the porch Jessie looked around as she reached out and knocked rapping her knuckles against the woods "Hello?" Jessie called through the door as she moved her backpack onto her shoulder so it wasn't clutched to her chest. Not hearing anyone coming Jessie sighed and stepped down off of the porch "Send her to some place in the middle of the woods, a serial killer so doesn't live here. Thanks mum" Jessie muttered as she rolled her eyes sitting down on the bottom step. Resting her elbows on her knees she put her head in her hands her vibrant red hair falling down over her face, looking around Jessie huffed a little to herself as she heard thunder rumbling in the distance telling her that there must be a big storm in coming. "Perfect, stranded in the forest with a storm coming" Jessie growled to herself, sitting up straight she shrugged her bag off of her shoulders as she held her hands out in front of her with her palms face up; she wanted to learn to control this annoying habit of setting things alight.

Sitting there staring at her hands Jessie tried to focus on getting a flame to appear in her hands, nothing was happening. Feeling rage burst through her Jessie gave a scream of annoyance and smacked her hands down on the porch, before she could comprehend Jessie looked down at her lap and frowned seeing wisps of smoke coming from either side of her. Looking at her hands Jessie swore and jumped to her feet and began stamping on the flames to put them out; once they were out Jessie was left standing on the porch panting a little as the cabin door opened. This was going to be interesting to explain as to why there was two black hand prints on the porch and the smell of burnt wood in the air.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)   Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Becoming a Phoenix (m/m open)
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surreal Illusions :: Role Playing :: Fantasy-
Jump to: