Surreal Illusions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surreal Illusions

This is a site for the members. You as a member get to choose how things go here

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frozen in Time (open/mature)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

Number of posts : 4483
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Frozen in Time (open/mature) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen in Time (open/mature)   Frozen in Time (open/mature) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 11:16 pm

Garret did not like the idea of being blind for the time being, something he had a lot of time with before his final sentencing in the cryostasis chamber. He took to his feet when the opportunity came and walked with Lonea out of the prison he had been trapped in for ages, "Sounds like I'm being taken prisoner again." He stated his mind openly. His legs wanted to sprint out and grab the cloth from his eyes. Granted the situation he had no choice but to do as he was told like a good soldier.

(I fucking hate my job.)
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

Number of posts : 6910
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Frozen in Time (open/mature)   Frozen in Time (open/mature) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 9:52 am

She placed her hand under his right elbow and led him over to the sled that would carry the two of them up to the surface. "When they have been better suited to the normal light on the surface." After a few minutes of jolt movement, she helped him to stand on the solid ground. She stood there near him, ignoring the looks her guards were shooting her. "Now, when you meet my father, which you will... You mustn't say anything. I will talk to him on your behalf. He distrusts those that do not speak our language. He is... close-minded." She spoke in a whispered English, so the other wouldn't understand.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Frozen in Time (open/mature)   Frozen in Time (open/mature) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 10:00 pm

Garret picked himself up from the ground slowly, "How long was I down here?" He asked once he was finally on his feet. Though he looked to see that Lonea had given him a ribbon. He would have asked, but the question was asked before he opened his mouth. Since she was helping him and he had no clue what was going on, he let things go as they would. He wrapped the ribbon around his eyes as she told him to, "How long do I have to keep this thing on?" He asked not moving lest he trip on a rock or something.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Frozen in Time (open/mature)   Frozen in Time (open/mature) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 6:24 pm

Lonea stepped closer to him, and her tallest guard made a quick statement, his expression hard and stern. Lonea turned her head and gave a calm retort. The guard blinked, looking surprised for a minute but then he nodded before turning his back towards them. Lonea turned her attention back to Garret, then leaned down, placing a gentle hand on his arm. "Up now. You need to get into the sun, after being in that ice for a long time." She spoke from the 'feelings' her gift gave her. Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out a length of black ribbon. "You need to tie this over your eyes. The light will be too bright for you if you go out there without any protection for them."
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Frozen in Time (open/mature)   Frozen in Time (open/mature) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 6:19 pm

The male couldn't hear much though he did hear 'name' so he made the assumption, "Garret." He spoke before curling his fingers into the hard dirt and rock under him. That feeling was different from what he expected, he expected cold steel and guns pointed at him, "Castle?" He asked confused on what something like a castle would be doing on a military base.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Frozen in Time (open/mature)   Frozen in Time (open/mature) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 11:52 am

Lonea blinked slowly, her head tilting slightly to the right when he spoke. Shaking her hand, she turned and muttered something to the guard that had come down into the well with her. He nodded then went back up through the long shaft. She then turned back to the man, blinking unreadable blue hues at him. "We need to get you into the sun. But we will not move until you give me your name. If you want to get out of here, it is best to heed every word I say. The people of Aria and the other villages surrounding my father's castle revere him, and through him, myself. They see any slight, no matter how tiny, as a very big deal." She spoke in an even tone, but she didn't sound bossy or haughty. She was only speaking what she knew to be the truth.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Frozen in Time (open/mature)   Frozen in Time (open/mature) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 10:49 am

The male looked at the crowd around him struggling to get to his feet. The voices were indistinguishable on top of being a language he had no idea how to comprehend. Right until one of those voices was somehow a language he understood, "Oh thank god." He spoke with a small sigh. Then it hit him, "Wait? Village of Aria?"He asked in confusion, "I was in some facility. How did I move?" He asked needing a lot of answers.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Frozen in Time (open/mature)   Frozen in Time (open/mature) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 12:47 pm

Frozen in Time (open/mature) 87aaf43b-0b89-463f-85b0-c1a5a7e811db_zpsbfa05c7d

Lonea was a very quiet young woman. No one alive, bar her father, could say that they have heard her speak more than ten words in a single day. Her mind was working on a level not seen since before the fall of civilization. As the only child and daughter of a very powerful lord and weapon magnate, she had lived a very sheltered life. But within recent years, it had come to everyone's attention that this quiet young woman had a very interesting ability. It had started not long after her mother's untimely death. Lonea would escape the eyes of her guards, and go wandering the castle, finding old and ancient things that turned out to be highly beneficial to the surrounding lands.

Two days before, the village elders asked Lonea's father if he would allow his daughter to help them locate a new well for their village. With her usual quiet acceptance, Lonea went to the village with her usual retinue of six quards. After searching for hours, it was just after midnight when Lonea found the spot. She was resting under the shade of a flowering willow, when the call of the discovery came up from the well. Climbing down the well shaft, Lonea watched from behind the group of villagers as the containment unit opened up, and the man fell out. Everyone gave him a confused look as he spoke, as everyone else spoke in a French-infused Lakota Sioux language. "Move." They parted as Lonea walked through them and up to the man. "You are near the village of Aria. I am Lonea Blackwolf." She spoke with in a clear English.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Frozen in Time (open/mature)   Frozen in Time (open/mature) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:21 pm

Present day

A young man in his late twenties was sitting inside of a cell, bars keeping him outside or just trying to get the light of day to go into his world. He had been sitting in this cell for nearly two years after he had shot and killed a civilian when he was on duty at a command post. His crimes had led him to two choices, one was to live his life in prison or to volunteer for a new technology that could possibly freeze him to death instead of the intended desire to have him frozen enough to keep from aging over the course of several decades. The choice was obvious, either die or live in a place that you have no contact with the outside world. Either way he was dead whether it was literally or figuratively.

Today was the day, he was being pulled aside to conduct the experiment. Clasps were placed on his wrists and ankles, chains combining all the clasps on his wrists and ankles as they pulled him along the long hallway. It was appropriate that it felt like the road to an execution seeing that if this experiment went wrong then it would be an execution. Only it would be unintentional.

The male's chains rattled with every step he took, his uniform wrinkled and covered in dirt from his few years spent in a cell. The other prisoners were laughing as they watched the dead man walking down the long hallway. His head hung low in shame as he walked down the seemingly endless hallway to his possible demise. The air seemed to go stiff and stale as he walked, it was almost hard to breath thanks to everything that was developing right in that moment.

After what seemed to be an eternity of walking down that hall, he finally arrived in the chamber that held the prototype cryostasis chamber. Time seemed to crawl as the scientists and military jailers began to unchain him and set up the chamber for him to enter and remain in for the next thirty years if he survived the freezing. His breathing went slow as he was then positioned inside of the machine. The white lights surrounding him seemed like the lights of heaven opening him to his eternal resting place. Slowly the solid doors close in front of him and the cold began sinking in as he was then frozen solid. It would only be a matter of time before he was frozen to death or if he was going to wake up several decades later into the next age.

Over the course of time things began advancing, the machines were made to be more self sufficient and less maintenance was needed to take care of them. This eventually lead to the facility's downfall as people grew less able to maintain their machines and relied on mechanical devices for everything. The facility was the first to fall. The machines malfunctioned and could not repair itself as a virus leaked its way into the mainframe. The result was that the facility detonated leaving everything; the people, the machines, everything was in ashes. Everything except for the one soldier that was set in the cryostasis chamber was destroyed. The shielding on the chamber was the one saving grace that he had. Ironic, the device that was meant to possibly kill this young man was the one thing that saved his life.

The rest of the world followed suit, machines began shutting down unable to be repaired. The world turning to anarchy and leading the current government to downfall. Powerful or wealthy people took control as 'nobles' in a feudal order to place an order to the lawless lands that surrounded the world. Because there was a reason for mankind to advance, small evolutionary traits were developed in a small percentage of humans. Some more subtle than others.

The man, frozen in time, would sleep forever because of the virus that destroyed the world as everyone knew it.

*Earth 2500 AD*

The feudal world had come full circle. While the past had been full of technological advances. Technology had fallen to the point that all that was left were forges that crafted ammunition and firearms that were possessed by the wealthy and powerful as well as their subordinates.

The facility that had been destroyed for 500 years and the site of ground zero was now a small village of farmers. Their current well had been dried up and now the villagers were digging up the next well. When they dug down far enough to find what could be water, they found the chamber that the soldier was frozen in. The large chunk of metal seemed to be of foreign nature since technology was so underdeveloped in this feudal world. When they were digging the farmers had cut the power supply to the chamber and as a result the fail safe activated opening the chamber, a cold white mist drifted turning the dirty frosty and white revealing the male in the chamber. The uniform he wore was strange to them making it difficult to show who was the noble that he had loyalty to, if he had one at all.

The male in the chamber seemed to be just as cold as the world around him, his skin white from the frost. The white however faded from his skin and he began to shudder feeling himself cold. Slowly he rolled out of the chamber and hit the ground that was hard with frost. He looked around confused on why he was stuck in a hole and what everything was around him including the people that looked like feudal era peasants he saw in shows and cartoons, "Where?" He started shivering from the cold he just left from five hundred years prior, "Where am I?" He asked the peasants around him hoping they understood his language

(The opening should be self sufficient, but just adding some context. The world has turned into a feudal realm that is governed by rich and powerful lords. Over the course of time humanity began to evolve with special abilities. Not everyone has them though. Guns and forges exist, but are only possessed by the rich and powerful. Everyone else either has feudal weapons or farm tools to defend. Looking for someone to talk to my character and bring him out of the well hole after he gets pulled out of the chamber)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frozen in Time (open/mature)   Frozen in Time (open/mature) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frozen in Time (open/mature)
Page 1 of 1