Surreal Illusions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surreal Illusions

This is a site for the members. You as a member get to choose how things go here

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

Number of posts : 6910
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2021 7:30 pm

"Secrets, huh?" She muttered, looking at him with a calm look. Hearing what he said of himself, she smiled faintly. "Kind of sounds like Elementals. Have you seen others like yourself?" Morrigan saw him checking the wounds. "You helped enough." She said in a low tone. Slight golden light appeared around the wounds, forming into thin golden thread that seemed to slowly stitch the wounds closed from the inside out. "My inheritance from my father's parents is its own power." Taking in a deep breath, she slowly let it out, a bit more color coming back to her skin. "If my magic doesn't come back, you might end up running into my grandparents."
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

Number of posts : 4483
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 9:12 pm

Sam arched an eye brow with the brief mention of her grandfather's lands, part of him did question what exactly she meant and exactly what she was about to talk about further, "I'm sure you'll eventually recover and get that all that magic back in your system." He did think a bit while trying to get around the dress to properly apply the salve, "If you don't feel comfortable talking about yourself, we could share a secret about each other. So long as we both take an oath not to say it to anyone else. Your panther was right about me though, though maybe not so much a demon of some variety. My kind are technically a natural occurring species. There's just very few of us out there to actually cause a stir." He took a look down checking his work to see if anything was uncovered and needed a second coat.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 9:59 pm

Morrigan was quiet while he did what he could get to easily, taking the time to gather her thoughts. "I have seen many things, even in my short lifetime. She... The panther wanted to attack you, pegged you as a monster, or a demon, or something inhuman. I persuaded Her otherwise. It would take something drastic for me to be... surprised." Morrigan was surprised by the light laugh that came from her. "There are a lot of strange beings in my grandfather's lands. I wonder if we will...." Her words trailed off, as she realized she was treading towards secret territory. "The creature, when it realized it couldn't kill me then... attacked when I was at my most vulnerable, cutting me off from my magic."
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 8:50 pm

Once finally cleared enough to actually get to some proper medical attention without going straight to a doctor, "Well. After you're in a more stable condition, maybe I can persuade Gu-Mi to let me grab one of our special treasures to use as a placeholder." He came back up to Morrigan with the hand full of herb vials to blend up into a home made salve to help aide in her natural healing, "Kind of surprised you haven't asked about the whole claw thing. Usually the first thing most people ask if they see them." He stated scooping up a bit of the salve and shifting clothing enough to get to at least the leg and shoulder wound, which would sting once applied, but the torso wound was going to be a bit rough to get to without taking off her dress, "At least that thing didn't hit an artery. That would have been hard to heal up, or keep you awake."
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 5:44 pm

Morrigan let out a heavy sigh when she was sat down on the end of a comfortable small bed her mother had sent her a few years ago, closing her eyes and keeping them closed, as she was sure they had turned their silver-gold color they tended to be whenever those powers were at the front. "I'll be fine with time. I will need to figure out what I can give the Queen to get that Stone. With my magic cut off from me that takes away some of my leverage... and my protection." She muttered the end to herself.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 5:15 pm

Sam couldn't help but let a little smirk curl up his cheek when she started to tease him. At least she had enough of a sense of humor still, "And I'll be sure to remind you of this any time you want me to leave another of those things alive again. Each and every time." He teased back going into the room she told him to go into and set her down on something that would be at least somewhat comfortable while he went on the hunt, "Your folks seemed to know exactly what they were getting into. Anything you need while I try to get everything to patch you up?" He asked going through to find cloth for bandages, something to sanitize everything he needed to and potentially something to try and cleanse that creature's energy off her in some degree, "So we're both in agreement. Definitely not bringing these things in for questioning. It's all lethal or someone gets hurt."
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 2:23 pm

Morrigan managed to let out a shaky laugh, closing her eyes as she felt her body take on a slightly cooler feeling to it. She didn't feel as if she was going to pass out or anything, but she was trying to not have to speak of her heritage for as long as possible. "No. The creature... left a trace of its magic on me, and she will sense that. She will however... shit-talk you about what happened, but just... ignore her. Those were literal directions, you know." Her tone was light, obviously teasing. "Everything in there in labeled, so you don't have to worry about using the wrong thing."
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 12:54 pm

Sam kept his eyes up, occasionally looking down to make sure that Morrigan was still breathing despite how much she seemed to be losing the color in her face and noticing the same course going through the rest of her body as well, "If it's the best shot right now. Just keep talking to me." He kept up keeping track on where he was inside the manor, at least until she told him where to go next, "Was that a rhyme? Don't start turning into a leprechaun on me now." He jested just trying to keep Morrigan talking to him and keep her conscious until he could keep her stabilized and get her back to her feet, "Your friend isn't going to think I did this is she? Pretty sure there's enough fey out there that have a grudge on my old life."
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 10:22 am

Morrigan let out a sigh, reaching up and putting a hand over the center of her collarbone. Her skin had a slightly pallid way about it, but she knew instantly it wasn't about blood loss. "I couldn't do anything right now even if I wanted to. Access to my magic has been cut. I only got a general location for two more of the Stones. It seems like... going to the fae lands is our closest option at the moment." Closing her eyes, she felt the powers inherited from her father's parents rush up to fill the gap her closed off magic had left. "My grandparents may show... Second floor, the second door to your right is where you want to go..."
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2021 9:01 pm

"DAMN IT ALL." Sam exclaimed igniting his other hand in green fire then swiping at the creatures head taking it clean off with both the flames and the revealed golden claw. He rushed forward going in to help treat Morrigan's injuries and trying to pull out each tendril while trying to seal the wounds individually as he pulled the intruding forces out, "Future note, we're definitely not using you for bait any more." While it was definitely going to sting while he singed her wounds closed for future care, he was showing at least a little knowledge in getting injuries treated and stable, "And we are definitely going to need to let those wounds properly heal before you start doing anything else." He finished off picking Morrigan up to try and get to at least some sort of medical supply in the house.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 1:03 pm

The creature could feel its life-force leaking with the fire as it ran through his systems. If he couldn't get the power, he was still going to do what his Master wanted. He needed this woman to lose her connection with her magic. It hadn't been informed why, but it's Master had mentioned something about 'old gods' and that the woman was connected to one by some way. Using what it had left, it looked at the man-creature that was defending the woman. "He will know you. His will cannot be denied." With its last burst of energy, a dark tendril shot out and shattered the barrier around Morrigan, sending the woman sprawling to the floor as the tendril split off into three spear-like projections, hitting her through her left shoulder, one throught her right leg, and the other into the left side of her abdomen.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2021 7:24 pm

Normally that act actually triggered a reaction, this thing however definitely was a different weight class if that brief display got so little of a reaction, "Sorry gal, doesn't seem like taking it alive is going to be an option." He told Morrigan as his hand glowed for a second again before driving through the creature's back with the brief image of a set of claws coming out the front and with the new position swung the creature to the ground as hard as he could. The floor shook after the impact with the ground cracking from the slam. His free hand smoked with green arcane flame that stuck itself in its back with the green flame fully igniting while embedded.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2021 4:31 pm

Spirit-copies of the demon-creature popped up around Morrigan, and slowly worked on the barrier set up around her. All the creature needed was one moment to sever her soul connection. It would then have five minutes to absorb the power from the woman and disappear, before she appeared. Even if this man managed to get him, as long as he could sever the woman's connection to her powers, it would be well enough.

"Your boredom is no concern of mine." It said, seemingly uninterested in the wounds on his chest, as if it felt nothing. Shifting slightly on its feet, it turned and slammed itself against the barrier around Morrigan, causing web-like shattering to occur all along it.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 11:47 pm

When the new creature finally made it's move, Sam moved with it going by the minor sounds heard and potentially bad news with the demon under Morrigan's thrall. May have been temporary, but it was still going to be a hassle for later. Sam's oddly quiet motions were drowned out by the new creature's approach and the sound of stone of claw.

"You know. That wasn't decent of you." Sam spoke up once the creature came close to the door Morrigan was set behind. One solid kick launched the beast through the door followed by the man racing inside before it could hit the wall. A brief flash of gold covered his hand with a pair of claw like motions striking out and digging into the creature's chest drawing its blood while it seemed Sam's started to boil, "You've kept me waiting far too long." He grinned with his finger tips dripping and just waiting for it to retaliate, "At least make this entertaining."
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 12:01 pm

Morrigan let out a light chuckle, turning and walking to her door. Opening it, she stepped out into the hall and runes appeared around her feet. They moved along the walls, floor and ceiling, multiplying until they covered every inch of the house's surface. The entire place glowed with a dark red color, before the runes disappeared. The entire house had become a trap for anything that planned on attacking her with malicious intent. Heading up to the third floor, which had been cleared completely of all rooms, the necessary structural changes made to keep the roof up, while also allowing her to have an indoor garden.

Making a movement with her right hand, veil-fire appeared in the right places, to fully illuminate the area in the middle of many deadly and beautiful herbs and plants. Looking up into the darkened sky she could see through the roof's windows, she paused for a moment. Listening for a warning sound, she heard nothing, so she started to get everything ready. Prepping the necessary defensive spells, she settled on the cushion in the dead center of the room. She held a bowl carved from red oak in her hands, the thing filled with purified water and several herbs. The surface of the water started to glow a faint white light, the rest of her body doing the same.

The spell had started, and while in this state, she was highly vulnerable to attack, as her soul had only a tentative connection to her body right now.

- - - - -

The creature watched as the shadowy spirit of the panther slowly disintegrated underneath its claws. Whatever that was, he knew it would take it years to return. Turning its attention back to the way it came, the thing adopted a form quite similar to the panther's spirit, then made it ways back up to the surface, deciding to approach the house from topside. All it could feel... was that woman. Her power was much more than what he expected. It was powerful... and intoxicating. The demon-creature thing would absorb that power, in return for carrying out it's master's orders.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2021 10:21 pm

"Duly noted." He replied. When Morrigan turned she would find that Sam simply vanished from where he had been standing. At least it seemed like it, wouldn't be the first time he would need to hide for the sake of someone else and it probably wouldn't be the last time. For now, it would just be the waiting game before he could have his fun for the moment.

Last edited by greatdragonsoldier13 on Sun May 16, 2021 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2021 9:39 pm

Morrigan laughed and pushed her hair back from her face. As she did that, she used a bit of heat to dry her hair. "My grandmother..." She paused for a moment, a look crossing her face before she let out a soft sigh, her hands dropping to her sides. "I have been raised to always keep myself well." She looked towards her window, noting the scene of the sky. "I will start preparing. You will need to hole up somewhere inside. The panther will watch outside and from the shadows under ground, just in case."
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2021 6:01 pm

Sam shrugged his shoulders at Morrigan's comment and when told that it was clear to look up he tilted his head back up, "You're a lot smarter than a lot of people I've talked to then. If I had a dollar every time threw a fireball, shot at, or swung a big hammer at my face I wouldn't need to be working." He pushed himself off the wall with his hands in his pockets, "You clean up pretty nice by the way."
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2021 3:35 pm

Morrigan let out a light chuckle at his question. "I may be powerful, but I'd rather not even try to use anything on or against you. You are an unknown quantity, that made even Her nervous. There is no telling what may have backfired upon me. She may not be able to kill you, but She would have protected me." Selecting a simple long black dress, she glanced up to make sure he wasn't looking in any direction that would give him sight of her, before she used a bit of her inherited powers from her grandmother to make the dress and her robe trade places. Smoothing the dress, she put the robe up on a hook nearby. "The coast is clear." She said in a joking tone.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2021 7:03 pm

Sam lowered his head not intending to bring the idea he was going to peep at Morrigan when she went to go get herself dressed, "That's all fine and good. Just so long as it gets here." He crossed his arms over his chest tapping an arm to a beat only he heard, "So. What were you going to cast on me if I didn't say anything?" He asked keeping his head lowered until he figured it was 'safe' to lift his head up again, "Curiosity's sake mostly. Maybe I could tell you what would have happened."
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2021 6:43 pm

Morrigan paused when she heard someone enter her room, energy crackling at her fingertips, but she stopped from letting loose a spell when she heard Sam's voice. Letting out a sigh, she reached over and pulled on her black robe, cinching it closed, glancing at herself in her mirror which she cleansed of steam with a muttered spell. "I am pushing out more of my energy to smother your own. It will not take it much longer, as it will think you are gone." She turned and walked out of her bathroom into her bedroom, walking over to her wardrobe. "You must be patient."
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2021 10:19 pm

With the rest of the pathway relatively uneventful, much to Sam's dismay, he finally pushed open the doorway leading into what looked like a master bedroom with the moisture in the air pretty much telling him that Morrigan had probably just drawn herself a bath or took a shower. Probably an awkward timing on his part.

He knocked on the wall next to the open door keeping his eyes straight ahead, "Made it in. So far so good the only thing around is your demon friend." He called through the opened door though avoiding a potential fireball to the face just stayed on the other side, "You feel that thing yet? Get a gauge on what might be after you other than just being a demon? Getting a bit antsy."
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2021 5:43 am

The panther moved through shadows like liquid, its corporeal form having taken up a defensive position over the balcony of it's masters bedroom. It had sensed another presence enter the edge of the land, and had followed it to find this strange creature. To the demon's senses, this man was less human than whatever else he was, and She had been ready to remove him. A mental brush from Morrigan had calmed the panther, and so She had decided to follow this man-creature called Sam.

Only a five minute soak was needed, but Morrigan stayed in the bath for longer than that, just enjoying the time she had to relax. Feeling the strength flood her body, she got out of the bath and stepped onto her pepper-grey bathmat, her back towards the only entrance in the bathroom. The door was opened partially, but it didn't bother her as she had always done that, even since she had been living on her own. Leaning back over the tub slightly, she squeezed out as much water as she could from her hair, then stood back up. Looking forward, she let out a yawn and slowly stretched her right arm above her head, holding onto the upper part of her arm with her left hand.

Morrigan was actually kind of excited, for the searching down the Stones parts anyway. While she could hold her own pretty well against even the fae Queen herself, Morrigan didn't really like fighting for the most part. It reminded her of the summers she spent with her grandmother on her father's side, and that woman was... very mercurial. As much as she hated to do it... she couldn't risk using the powers she inherited from her father's mother, so she would have to leave any fighting to Sam.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2021 12:43 am

Despite the tunnels below, Sam kept a decent pace in the underground navigating without any light necessary as he passed through. Occasionally one eye would pass to the side to the shadow that Morrigan let him know was there, "You know. You're lucky Morrigan let me know you were on her side." He called out in the dark while his golden eyes seemed to be the only real illumination, "Your boss seems to have a lot going on." He perked up feeling the wards lifting and the rush coming out from the center, "A lot, going on." His posture shifted as he launched himself forward at where he could feel that rush of magic.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2021 11:45 pm

Arriving at the house, Morrigan parked the car and headed inside. Her first order of the night was to set up her protection spells, and as she did so, she was careful to put her knowledge of Sam into them, so that they would not trigger if he passed over or through them. Once she was done, she grabbed a thick black robe and headed into her bathroom. Drawing herself a warm bath, she poured a personally made potion for spiritual strength into the water. Pulling off her clothes, she got into the bath and dropped her wards on purpose. This would allow her power to become a beacon for the thing following her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)   Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where Have The Good Days Gone (Private. Possible Maturity)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next