Surreal Illusions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surreal Illusions

This is a site for the members. You as a member get to choose how things go here

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Dragons Girl (open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

Number of posts : 6910
Registration date : 2009-01-12

The Dragons Girl (open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Girl (open)   The Dragons Girl (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 5:25 am

Aurora heard the door and she went to answer it quickly. James had told her what had happened, and with how he still hadn't emerged from the basement, she knew the dragon wouldn't truly settle until he put eyes on Angel. opening the door, she had Angel come inside while she went to get James.

James started at the wall across from him, vision perfectly clear, thanks to him being in dragon form still. He normally slept through times like these, but the impending change to his life had kept him up the entire time. His scales were a deep, rich onyx with a faint color of red along the edges, giving him the appearance of being on fire constantly. Hearing footsteps coming down the stairs, he planted his front paws flat on the ground, sitting up as his mother stepped into sight. "Angel is here, dear."

About five minutes later, James emerged from the basement into the hall, dressed in a black tshirt and jeans, his bag in hand. He had contemplated covering his Marking with a long sleeve shirt, but with it laying dormant at the time due to his recent Change, he was pretty sure she would just think it was an elaborate tattoo.
Back to top Go down
mascara_tears
Hell Poster
Hell Poster
mascara_tears

Number of posts : 5808
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Girl (open)   The Dragons Girl (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 4:51 am

Angel watched James carefully as he walked up to her, when he thanked her his voice low she shook her head a little "You don't need to thank me" she said softly. Hearing her father clear his throat reminding the two of them that her parents were still in the room Angel glanced at them a little before she cleared her own throat, "Um, I should get some rest before we head into the city. You should go and pack a bag and I'll come and get you in a couple of hours" Angel said gently. Moving closer to James she gave him a gentle hug but quick hug before she pulled away and headed for her old room. After getting a couple hours of sleep Angel pull up in front of Jame's parents house wearing a simple pair of low heeled boots, washed out skinny jeans, a long sleeved black shirt with an oversize gray cardigan on top with her hair left free; reaching the front door she knocked and waited for either James' mother or father to open the door seeing as her mother told her to come here to get James after she had woken up from her sleep.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Girl (open)   The Dragons Girl (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 4:44 am

Everything was kind of blurring together at this point, and he had to close his eyes, needing all of his concentration not to lose control of his dragon side at the moment. Ever since his Marking had appeared two years ago, he had been pretty even in emotions, always in control. At the moment though... not so much. He didn't understand why Selena would do something like this, especially with how they broke up, and now he would never find out why she did it.

He looked up when Angel returned, and he walked up to her, putting his hands in his pockets, mentally pushing away the desire to give her a hug. Yeah, his emotions were definately all over the place. He might even need to visit the basement floor of his parents house that was made so they could Change without being in the open anymore. It was still dangerous to show what they really were even in such a small town. "Thank you, Angel." He said in a low voice, kind of forgetting that her parents were still there. Once they made official plans, he needed to go straight home. He could feel his dragon struggling at this point.
Back to top Go down
mascara_tears
Hell Poster
Hell Poster
mascara_tears

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Girl (open)   The Dragons Girl (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 7:58 pm

Angel moved closer to James when he explained what the phone call he had gotten was about, Jenny looked between Angel and James and quickly got an idea "Angel can take you into the city James, she can use my car to drive in there, I'm sure Angel wouldn't mind you and little Luna staying in her apartment with her for a couple of days in the city. It is big enough for all of you. She can also talk to her boss about getting things moving more quickly from a legal standpoint" Jenny said seizing the moment to try and get the two of them back together even in the moment of trouble Jenny was always looking for ways to set people up. Angel looked back at her mother quizzically for a moment before she looked back at James "Well...yeah I can take you into the city James so you can get her. And I have enough space in my apartment" she said before she chewed on her bottom lip.

"I'll give my boss a call and convince him to do something" Angel said with a shake of her head, moving away from James she took her phone out of her pocket as she walked out the side door to go into the backyard as she called her boss. He owed her several favours and Angel was going to cash one of them in to help James and this little girl who was now without a mother. Pacing around the backyard as she talked on the phone Angel rubbed her forehead and pinched the bridge of her nose as she spoke. Finally convincing her boss to do what she wanted Angel hung up and walked back inside, "Okay, I cashed in a favour and my boss is going to be Luna's lawyer and look after her. But he wants us to head into the city tonight and get her as his cashing in a few favours of his own with some other people" Angel said as she ran a hand through her hair sweeping it away from her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Girl (open)   The Dragons Girl (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 7:33 pm

James stared at the wall across from him for a moment, before jumping slightly when he realized Angel had spoken to him. He blinked a couple of times, using that short moment to gather his thoughts. " I... have to go to the city on Monday. I need to go pick up Luna." Her mother would certainly remember that Luna was the name of Selena's daughter. "Selena and Luna were in a serious car wreck. Luna sustained very few injuries, but... Selena never woke up."

James closed his eyes, taking a moment before he spoke again. "Selena had been engaged at the time, and Luna would stay with him but he has Parkinson's, and cannot raise a two year old girl. Apparently, Selena ever had a will that said if she died before Luna was eighteen, she wanted me to be her legal guardian..."
Back to top Go down
mascara_tears
Hell Poster
Hell Poster
mascara_tears

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Girl (open)   The Dragons Girl (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 7:00 pm

Angel glanced at James when he said that it was interesting that she hadn't dated anyone since him, "Not that interesting" Angel mumbled as she shuffled her feet a little. Sure she could say that she worked too much to date but the truth was simply that she knew she wouldn't find someone she loved as much as she loved James. When he went to answer his phone Angel shook her head at her mother and started to help her put the groceries away. "Honestly, Ma, you gotta blurt out that I haven't dated since James?" she grumbled at her mother who only laughed and shrugged her shoulders at her daughter. When James came back into the kitchen Angel looked at him, seeing the worried look on his face she stopped putting the groceries away and faced him "What's wrong James?" she asked worriedly.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Girl (open)   The Dragons Girl (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 6:52 pm

The dragon side of him roused a little when she spoke, the beast within picking up on the fact that Angel was hiding her true feelings when she spoke of Jason. James wanted to press her about it, but he really didn't have the right to pry into those deep thoughts. When she spoke of him having a positive impact on someone's life, he went to say something but the arrival of her parents caused him to clam up pretty quickly.

James raised an eyebrow at Angel when her mother mentioned the fact that Angel hadn't dated anyone since they broke up. "Wow. That is... interesting." At that time his cell rang and he picked up the phone. "Sorry guys. Got to take this." Stepping into the hallway, he stood closer to the front door and answered the call. He was gone for a good ten minutes before he returned to the kitchen, a slightly worried look on his face.
Back to top Go down
mascara_tears
Hell Poster
Hell Poster
mascara_tears

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Girl (open)   The Dragons Girl (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 6:19 pm

Angel remembered Jason well, even though she had never told James she had been on the bad side of his temper a few times. Of course that was only when James wasn't around, for some reason Angel didn't know Jason was scared of James and had made sure that Angel would never tell James what he had done to her. "I remember Jason...Never thought he could be such trash against a pregnant woman" she said with a shake of her head not wanting to let onto James that she knew his anger well. When he said that had baby girl was the highlight of his life Angel kept her face schooled into a soft smile but she still felt a twinge in her heart but she wasn't going to let that bother her. When he apologised for unloading everything on her Angel shook her head "It's okay, I don't mind". "You made a positive impact on someones life" she said just before the front door opened and her parents came in.

Angel put her glass of water down and placed a hand on her hip as her mother walked into the kitchen as she put a fake angry look on her face, "Ma, really? Trying to set James and I back up" she scolded her mother who put on an innocent look before Angel broke into a smile and shook her head "You need to stop playing with my love life" Angel laughed. Angel's mother Jenny shook her head as she put down the groceries "Angel, you need to date! You haven't been with anyone since you broke up with James" Jenny pointed out making Angel blush, yes she hadn't been with anyone at all romantically since she had left hell she hadn't even dated anyone since James. She couldn't bring herself to love someone as deeply as she still loved him "That is beside the point" Angel mumbled as she glanced at James a little.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Girl (open)   The Dragons Girl (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 9:40 am

James let out a sigh when she mentioned her last visit a few weeks ago, and he shook his head. " She did, but... Selena wasn't too keen on me coming over here. In fact, her insecurity was so bad that whenever your parents needed something done around the house, she'd... act out. When we got together she was three months pregnant. You remember Jason? Yeah, turns out he was real scum. He used to be real violent around Selena, so she left him when she found out she was pregnant. Most everyone else in town was afraid of him, his dad being big money and all. She had no one, and I couldn't allow her to have a child on her own. In the last couple of months, her insecurity turned into out of control jealousy.

"That baby girl was a highlight of my life. She even managed to make my father smile again, but I just couldn't handle her mother anymore. Because of the baby, I set Selena up with a job in the next down over and made sure her and the baby had a place to stay. The rest is up to her." James felt his face heat up when he realized he had just blurted it all out suddenly. It was obvious he had been tormented by this for awhile. " Sorry... I didn't mean to unload on you like that."
Back to top Go down
mascara_tears
Hell Poster
Hell Poster
mascara_tears

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Girl (open)   The Dragons Girl (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 4:14 am

When he said that his father didn't leave the house much anymore she made a small nod of her head, she had seen very little of him during her last visit and her mother had told her that he was just finding more comfort staying in his house then going out now-a-days. "Well that must keep you very busy" she said with a smile. When he said that he was no longer with Selena she tipped her head to the side a little at his statement of her being too extreme, "She wasn't exactly an angel when we were in school. But I would have thought she would have at least become nicer after graduating" Angel said with a small laugh as she rolled her shoulders and leaned against the counter "So I take it my mother also invited you over to dinner tonight a few weeks ago?" she asked with a grin. It would not surprise her if her mother had done that, "I swear the woman spends more time trying to get us back together then she does doing anything else".
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Girl (open)   The Dragons Girl (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 4:08 am

Having taken notice of her blush, he found himself glad that he wasn't together with her anymore. The woman's jealousy of his ex was so strong that whenever Angel's mother or father needed something done around the house, she would act so terrible until he promised to send someone else. Both sides of him were glad to be rid of that particular baggage. "Well, my father doesn't really leave the house anymore, so I pretty much run the business full time now.... Oh, also Selena is gone. She turned out to be too.... extreme."
Back to top Go down
mascara_tears
Hell Poster
Hell Poster
mascara_tears

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Girl (open)   The Dragons Girl (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 3:52 am

Angel laughed and shook her head a little when James seemed to catch onto what her mother had done, taking her arms around from herself she walked over to one of the cupboards and grabbed a glass so she could get water when he asked how city life had been treating her. "Well, it could probably treat me better considering how much I work but otherwise it's okay. Always something new going on in the city" Angel said with a smile before she blushed taking in that he had said that she looked nice, grabbing another glass she filled them both up and handed one to James "You look pretty good yourself". Taking a sip of her water Angel cleared her throat a little "How's home been treating you?" she asked not wanting to ask him how the girl she assumed he was still dating was going.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Girl (open)   The Dragons Girl (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 3:32 am

James had noticed how she sort of hugged herself when he stood up, and did he sense a moment of worry? Perhaps a subconscious fear of some sort? He blinked slowly, going to laugh her words off but then he stopped for a moment. Looking over at the sink, there was a moments pause and he chuckled, shaking his head. "She didn't say anything about you coming home, so I didn't even think this could be part of her diabolical plans." He teased at the end, looking back over at her. "So, how has the city life treated you so far? You look nice."
Back to top Go down
mascara_tears
Hell Poster
Hell Poster
mascara_tears

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Girl (open)   The Dragons Girl (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 8:22 pm

Angel tensed a little hearing James' voice come from under the sink, even though a part of her wanted it to be him she still felt guilty for agreeing with him that she should move away and go to the college she wanted to. Moving when he put the wrench down Angel wrapped her arms around her stomach as if trying to protect herself from him somewhat, "Hi James" Angel said giving him a small smile. Glancing at the sink she looked back at James and gave him a small smirk "I take it my mother talked you into fixing the sink when nothing was wrong with it?" she asked him raising a brow knowing that was something her mother would be as she always wanted Angel and James to get back together.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Girl (open)   The Dragons Girl (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 8:48 am

The Dragons Girl (open) - Page 2 2s7hqc9

James could feel a muscle in his back start to strain, as he had been down there under the sink for a while now. He was so into what he was doing that he didn't hear the front door open when she came in. Pausing in mid-turn of a wrench when he heard footsteps approaching and he felt his whole body tense up when he recognized her voice. Did her mother tell him she was coming and he forgot? " Your father took her to the grocery store." Tightening the bolt for the u bend of sink, he sat down his wrench and let out a groan as he moved out from under the sink. Standing up, he let out a sigh as he stretched. There was a moment of awkward pause, before he managed to find his voice. "Hey, Angel."

[Sorry for short-ness. On the road. And I get car sick if I'm not driving.]
Back to top Go down
mascara_tears
Hell Poster
Hell Poster
mascara_tears

PostSubject: The Dragons Girl (open)   The Dragons Girl (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 3:19 am

The Dragons Girl (open) - Page 2 1dc977142c0914b306be1d35bf6b7a8b
Working a high stress job as a PA for a lawyer made Angel's life interesting and also hard, it meant she always had to be available for her boss but also take time to care for herself. Running a hand through her hair Angel chewed on her bottom lip as she waited for the taxi she had called to come and get her to take her home. She had taken time off of work to visit her old hometown so she could take a break from living and breathing her work, she knew this was something she needed but it was also something she dreaded as Angel knew she was going to see a lot of old familiar faces from when she had lived in the town and gone to school there.

Angel hadn't been in her old hometown since she had graduated high school and moved away for collage, while she was doing that she had left behind her boyfriend. The two of them agreed they should both split up since she was moving away and he was staying in their hometown to take over his fathers business as the towns main mechanic; little did Angel know that there was another reason why he was staying in their hometown a secret that he and his family were keeping from everyone around them, looking out the window of the taxi she was in Angel sighed to herself as she looked at the white picket fences and she manicured lawns. It was a strange change for her since she had gotten use to being in the concrete jungle of the big city, when the taxi pulled up to her parents house Angel paid the driver and got out pulling her bag out with her. Walking up to the familiar house Angel couldn't help but think of all of the times she had done this walk when she was growing up, reaching the front door she pulled out her keys and unlocked the door. Walking inside Angel closed the door behind herself "Ma? Dad? I'm home" Angel called out as she walked for her old room. Opening the door she raised a brow noticing that it had been changed into a guest room since her last visit, throwing her bag onto the bed Angel walked down the hall for the kitchen walking in Angel stopped seeing a man laying on the kitchen floor his head under the sink. Walking up to the counter Angel stood over the man and looked down the hole in the new sink at the man below "Seen my folks?" she asked the man on the ground, even though she could only see a small portion of his face from this angle he looked ruggedly handsome and in a way reminded her of her high school sweetheart who she had left behind.

But Angel highly doubted that this man was him, the last she had heard was that he was dating a girl who used to be very popular in their school and he was the owner of a large business. But she knew that he still lived in town, even though she wanted to tell herself that this man wasn't the guy she had once loved with all of her heart Angel allowed herself the believe for a moment it was him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Girl (open)   The Dragons Girl (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dragons Girl (open)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2