Surreal Illusions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surreal Illusions

This is a site for the members. You as a member get to choose how things go here

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sacrifice (With ShandyFlowers)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shanyflower
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
shanyflower

Number of posts : 8023
Registration date : 2012-11-17

The Sacrifice (With ShandyFlowers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacrifice (With ShandyFlowers)   The Sacrifice (With ShandyFlowers) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 8:52 pm

Knights are seen as the highest degree of honor within any kingdom, however, becoming such a class requires a large amount of devotion and money to spend on private training. Within the north where the snow continues to fall, dispute the season, there a growing kingdom form. Knights are not the only protectors of these lands. Adventures, one or more talented and skilled young heroes, just recently became an official job. These adventures help the weak and ill, defend the weak with weapons and skills. However, unlike knights, that has experience in difficult situations, not all adventures are highly skilled. At times, a handful of young adventures find themselves stuck or at worse find themselves slowly dying on a mission. So, to prevent the lost of lives, each kingdom agreed to make a chart system based off experience and strength. As a result of these events the current kingdoms made four different ranks. These ranks are still being being decided among the other kingdoms at this time.

In the city of Majó, many of the building are in the process of being fully constructed. Not many people come by into the new formed city, however in a new adventure guild base that was constructed in the middle of the square, a group of paladins formed in a small group just outside the building. At the entrance of the building was one of the elder priest, he opened his arms and began to speak to the group very the very skilled knights.

"Our best knights! Welcome one and all! Our king and queen has personally selected you all on a dangerous quest that might end in your demise." He paused to look around the small crowd of knights as well as onlookers before he continued to speak. "HOWEVER!" he yelled these words to get everyone's attention. "Your death will NOT be in vain! We chose only you to protect our new forming city from the monsters that wishes to cause harm into OUR land!" Once the priest said these words the crowd started to cheer, he slowly raised his left hand to quite the crowd. As the noise died down he then took a deep breath from his nose and spoke. " paladins, knights, clerics, and swordsmens. Your mission is to defeat-no-to kill a horde of vampires that has gotten themselves fair to close to our land! Kill the leader of this horde and you'll come back as a hero!" In the crowd of highly skilled knights, they all raised their shields and cheered in this crowd a women with bright red hair fixed braided hair going down to her lower back. Her armor a very beautiful white with golden designs carved deep into the metal. Her green eyes filled with determination and excitement to do this mission.

Her and 10 other very trained knights all raised their shields cheering to do this mission. Then after a few moments the priest raised both his hands to quiet the crowd of excited fighters. "This mission is dangerous so be on your toes. Also just remember we are all depending on you to push our city forward! So I wish you all the best of luck!" The man bowed in a very dramatic fashion. Soon after his speech the older priest moved over to the other elder priest at his left hand side and whispered to his ear. After a few minutes of silence the priest turned around and opened the door to the adventure guild, leaving the crowd of nobles and other bystanders to take in the words he spoke.

"What do you think?"

The female turned to look at her right hand side to see one of her comrades dressed in thick plated armor. A smile ran across her lips and respond to her teammates question. "I can't wait! I'm excited to prove to the king of our new land on how strong we are as a group!" When saying theses words she tighten both her fist and move them close to her chest. The guy let out a small sigh from her answer but nodded anyway.

"I'm glad you feel that way. I'm slightly worried for this mission… but we are the only knights in our land that can fight with such a beast.. the only person in our group that has actually fought vampires and won is John over there." The Male pointed with his thumb over his shoulder, the man in question is an adventure with copper like armor with long dreads resting at his shoulder. The adventure has dark skin with deep scars along his exposed neck and arms. Half of his face is badly damaged with deep gashes from the left forehead to his bottom jaw line. He was cleaning the blood stains off his armor while the other knights ignored him and prepared their own swords and weapons for the real battle. The two paladins looked at the man with a distasteful look in their eyes before looking back at one another.

"Eh, why does he have to come on our mission? Having more is better but why does it have to be an adventure?" The red hair knight softly whispered to her comrade besides her.

With clear skies the group of 10 knights and a single adventure. They left the city of Majó heading northwest. The journey there wasn't difficult for very skilled fighters. They came across goblins, low level slimes, bugs, ogres, and so forth, none of which stood any chance against the large group of nobles. All the nobles journey through the vase landscape by horse to make the trip faster. This trip to the rocky mountains took about three days with no rest. However before they continued to head in the direction of the vampire den. The group stopped to prepare.

The sun started to set behind the mountains in the south. The noble in the front stopped his horse and got off his horse and firmly planted his feet into the soil. The area around them is depleted of life: the trees around them were withered with no sign of life, and the ground didn't have no grass or dirt, instead the ground is a black ash that acts just like sand. This area continued to look like this for miles showing no sort of change. The captain of the group pulled a brown bag from the side of the saddle and pulled out some items. "Is everyone here?" The man question raising his hand pointing at each person he can see doing a simple head count. "...8, 9 , 10.. and okay everyone is here. Before we continue any further we need to set up a plan. A few months ago our scout informed about 60 vampires and in that 60, 10 or brides." Everyone started to get off their horses and got comfortable from the long journey. Before they started to make base they walked over to their leader and listened carefully to his words.

Vampires works the same as any undead creature, they go through many stages before becoming a higher type of vampire. First vampires are made or born when a corps is not properly blessed by a monk, priest, or cleric. They start as a mindless zombie, then that said zombie changed into a bore, then into a lesser vampire, then a vampire after some time. However, it doesn't stop there, they still have more stages after becoming a vampire. Female vampires turn into vampire brides, and Male vampires turn into vampire giants. Then it branches out into two different directions, vampires braids and giants can either change into undead bats, or crawlers. Vampires can not go any further from this stage, unless given help by another race or by the same race to increase the intellectual ability to grow. There the undead bats or crawlers change to vampire princess or undead warrior. Last stage is the most difficult to reach which is vampire queen and vampire lord. This process alone takes millions of years to master no matter how smart this vampire is.

"However the scout couldn't get close enough to tell if we are dealing with a crawler or not… but just in case have your swords covered in silver dust, and holy water. Make sure you have holy water at hand at all times! Make sure you cover your armor and neck in holy water to prevent any vampire from biting you. And you all know the rest.. I shouldn't be telling you what else to do." The Male pulled out a bottle of silver dust and started to cover his weapons in this powder. Meanwhile everyone else is setting camp to rest for the night, others are eating their meals and some are relaxing from a long trip.

"Blenda. Do you have any extra crackers I can eat?" A very deep voice was behind this question, John the adventure kindly approached the red hair paladin with a gentle smile on his lips. His appearance alone is enough to make a person run away by the many scars on his left face. Blenda tried her hardest to keep a calm face and shook her head no. John let out a soft sigh and nodded, "I understand, thank you." He turned around heading to the campfire, the moment he turned around blanda's loving smile died down to a distasteful look. From the corner of her eyes she got a glimpse of her friend, "hey! You look tired.." she placed a hand on the side of her friend's shoulder.

"Sorry I'm just very tired… it-"

-yelling from the inner part of the camp echo through the field. Quickly everyone got up and ready their shields and weapons, in view a vampire bride managed to sneak into the base and got her teeth into one of the knights arms. In the back round John pulled out a bow and arrow and in a split second the head of the vampire bride fell clean off hitting the black soil with a thunk.

"They have been waiting for us… we are dealing with a smarter type of vampire…"

Blenda dropped her bag on the ground and coaxed her shield in the silver dust, as well as her sword. Soon after this she grabbed the holy water and slashed some onto her neck and arms saving the rest for later. Luckily she didn't remove her armor during the trip, just as a safety hazard when it comes to dealing with other beast. She remain by her friend side as he too got ready.

John slowly approached the captain and pointed in the direction of the lar of the vampires. "We need to head out! We mu-"

"Go forth and deal with the enemy.. I'm in charge, blenda I need you to be in back to protect the cleric! Lance I need you to stay besides me! Lora stay on the far right with group A-!" While the team captain explains everyone's positions in the group John got his weapons ready and scouted ahead not wasting any time.

Things soon escalated as from the skies above laughter echo through the air, everyone's attention was now on the flying creature above them. Dressed like a royal princess with golden locks and bright red eyes. Her large bat wings spread across the sky her arms open wide casting a spell. "Mind control."

Blenda slowly opened her eyes feeling very heavy but not tired. But there was only darkness in her viewing, trying to push herself up was almost impossible. Because her body was being squeezed in between two large rocks underground. A look of conversation ran across her face wondering what has happened. Did we win? Did we lose? Why am I trapped here? Why don't I feel anything? She moved her hand to the flat surface of the rock above her. Using all her strength blenda tried to at least try to push the rock up to have enough room to crawl under and escape. However when she added force to the rock, the rock started to move up. Soon she found herself picking up the large rock with both her hands, there the female quickly jumped to the side as the rock fell back down to the floor breaking into large chunks. During this experience the female knight looked surprised that she has the strength to do this. "Wow… what happened.. I need to find.." turning around her words trailed off, her eyes widen in shock the paladin was now looking at the aftermath of the deadly war. The soil of the ground was turned over showing large forms of rocks. There was no sign of the horses and no sign of life in her view of vision. The air reeked of death and suffer, which got blenda to cover her nose in an instant. The lone knight moved her hand over to her side, struggling to look for her weapon only to find that her sword wasn't there. Worry started to sink into her soul, the female ran around the deserted battlefield only to find corpses of undead monsters and of her own teammates. Some of the bodies were so mangled to the point of identification. So the best thing blenda had to do was dig into the corps to find their dog tags. "I cant believe this… is happening.. I dont even remember what happened.." she whispered silently to herself while sinking her hands into a pile of rotting meat and flesh.

Out of 11 she only found 5 dog tags not including herself. "I must report this to the king right away.." quickly blenda took a deep breath and worked up the courage to go back to her city to break the news. With no horse, blenda had no choice but to walk a few days to the main location. During her travels the need for rest, food, and any restroom stops completely went away which concern the knight.

On night four blenda didn't sweat from the sun, however, her skin started to burn. This resulted in her wearing a long sleeve shirt and to remain in the shade for a long time. Near the city is a public, blenda hasn't looked at herself in a while. Lowering a wooden bucket into the well, which she when pulled up with ease. In the filled bucket she graced the wooden bucket by the handles at each side and gently placed it on the grass soil. Hovering her head above the bucket of water her crimson eyes widen.

She moved her hands to her face then her lips, hair, skin, and then her sharp pointed ears. She opened her mouth and there two sharp fangs at each side of her teeth.

"Vampire… so I was bitten.. but how.. when?"

She touched around her body, mainly her neck, and as she thought the bitter wound is on her neck. She didn't look surprised anymore as one of her puzzling questions got answered. However, there was still some questions that she wanted answered. Like what happened to her team? Why can't she remember what happened after the battle? More questions piled up in her thoughts until she tossed these questions to the back of her mind and pushed forward. I need to return to the kingdom as soon as possible. Not to far from the entrance of the town blenda started to run over to the tall wall around the town. While running she begin to think a little hard about her main plan. Her pase slowed down from a run to a brief walk until finally stopping to a full stop.

She knows how strict the law is in this new kingdom. At the entrance there are two large men-monster hunters-these men can tell the difference between a monster and a human without any struggle. This worried blenda, as she stood still a rush of panic rushed through her body. After a few minutes an idea came into mind, blenda walked over to the bucket of water and placed all the dog tags into the bucket as well as hers. "I… I'm sorry I can not help you men.. I failed as a knight… please forgive me." She whispered these words and then she felt her heartbeat again soon after this a rush of pain ran throughout her body.

She moved her hand to her chest, letting out a sigh. "Agh!?" Then her heart stopped once again making this mission almost impossible to accomplish. She dumped the water out from the bucket and re-put the dog tags in the bucket and left the bucket on the side of a dirt path leading to the town. I need help and I know the right person that can help me.

-------------

"You… how.." silence filled the room soon after the elder died on the spot. The female slowly moved her hand over her heart not feeling a single beat from her heart. Her skin cold as ice, her eyes glew a crimson red, the smell of death wreak the small home. She stood still taking in all of his words, taking in this new responsibility that this elder placed onto her. "You! How could you?! You didn't just put my life in danger you killed many innocent people! You're a mon… no.." her anger died down after she realized the true purpose of becoming a vampire.

At this point in time she was talking to herself, as a paladin she learned to carefully listen to every word of any elder man or magic caster. Her eyes moved to the book that was in the hands of seer saint. With Caution blenda moved over to the corps of the saint. She didn't feel comfortable about this, she didn't want to grab this book. All her worries got suppressed about this book, her body having a mind of it's own and grabbed the book. Having the book in her hands the corps of the saint started to disintegrate into nothingness. There she stood with an expressionless look on her face. To live forever with a cursed book, what's the best way in discarding this book from her arms? To die with the book? Or die in a desolant location? Killing herself seems like the best option at this moment. The clear crystal ball that was in his hand slipped off half his body and fell onto the floor.

Seer saints body and soul left the world of the living, and it bothered blenda that she can sense any undead creatures that is in close proximity of her. She turned her attention to the clear ball and approach the ball onto to see the ball vanish into a ball of smoke. "... I I can not live such a life… I cant.. I cant be a knight as a vampire!" As she yelled these words the book glow a dark red, and then the noise of whispers filled her ears. However, unlike many of the books victims blenda showed no interest nor did she care. The book stopped soon after returning to its dormant state. "Odd.. anyway.." she sat down in the same spot the elder died. She lay her back on the chair lost in her thoughts.

"What should I do? The best option is death… but do I really want to kill myself? I didn't get the chance to save those that's in need… or protect the weak and innocent… no.. this isn't right.. what I'm saying isn't right." She closed her eyes and relaxed her body. "The word is unbalanced… I need time to think this over." And that is what she did for the next 200 years she left the home of the magic user and lived her life, not as a knight but a viking.
-------------

●467 years later●
((Not done yet
Back to top Go down
TaiTakabe
Wolf Poster
TaiTakabe

Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2012-12-01

The Sacrifice (With ShandyFlowers) Empty
PostSubject: The Sacrifice (With ShandyFlowers)   The Sacrifice (With ShandyFlowers) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 10:13 pm

“Call me Seer Saint, listen to my words and heed the warnings which follows, for I am not long from living this mortal world... I fear.” Uttered the faint voice of a elderly man, who is given his last testimony under a dying breath. Within the tallest and to the highest degree the mighteous tree of the eldest footing throughout the Granstream forest, there, the old man in question has made his home. Inhabiting the hollow workings which fashioned a perfect living conditions, for those living alone in a life of seclusion. One room which seemed cozy, yet great use of space for the bedroom, dining room, and kitchen area in all, give the appearances of a one massive room to accommodate all basic needs. However built to the utmost stereotypical single life, the sighs of a hermit living space proceed as follow. Dust littered about from furniture to floors, small lots of books with old notes planted on all parts of the walkway end-to-end, the smell of old must from all things which masked fresh air, veriest object about mostly old relics and artifacts cluttering the table, shelves, and dressers, physical sighs of interior decay with wild plants both mosh and algae with mushrooms to the several varieties form surface to surface. Standing on the far end of the room, a chair stood carved out from the wooden wall, with the old man addressing himself as Seer Saint occupying the scene. Dressed in old robes under poor conditions, as the hands kept a firm grip on the armrest ends, his head tilted over to the right side of his own shoulder while slouching aback in the wooden chair, looking with tired cloudy eyes with a sad effort from holding the lid layer of the green looking hues open. All in the attempt to cling to every moment of life, in order to speak his peace. But to whom in question? At the moment there is the another sharing the same space within two arm lengths apart, between themselves and the old man (Seer Saint). A young looking woman though mature in her age exposes her class, seen in the manner of dress. Aside from the white robes with colored gold, her armor displayed a holy outlook much like the days of the holy war crusade, yet to a females fit. Paladin, a knight renowned for heroism and chivalry, now finds herself fallen from grace as she stands before this old seer. “I... I-I am the one... w-who did this to you...” extending the right arms length, slowly uprising from the armrest, the finger of the hand pointed despite the whole of it juddering. Calling attention to her neck, wrapped in pure white bandage cloth with patches of visible blood display a recent attack he in-turn is taking responsibility. “Hate me if you must child, but my actions were far from unreasonable. This service a good purpose, no... a fate of the world purpose. Yes... young Paladin, I shaped the circumstances which is turning you to walk among the undead. I made it so... that you would be bitten by the vile creature (vampire), but not without good reason I say to you.” Drawing in air to exhale a long heavily breath, short of breath, he continued; “Death's door approaches, so I doubt seeing another Dawn by the end of this day. Therefore my knowledge must be pass down to one most trustworthy. And no... it couldn't be anyone else if that's what you're thinking. It must be you, and you alone." In the middle of his words the old man coughed a few times over while breathing a shortness of breath, wheezing to indicate difficulty breathing. "I am a Seer after all, but... the most foolish Seer to ever the burden with a grievous sin that will earn the punishment of eternal damnation. I saw it, long ago my foresight gave warning, yet I chose to ignore it, and now... I have doomed this world in darkness. Child... I am not saying this to be pitied nor seek redemption, I don't want the Innocents to suffer for my sins when I neglected wisdom over power, which would have saved us all. Child... I don't have much time, so please listen carefully. Hear the tale, long ago and long forgotten."

Prophecy, the accurate depiction of things to come, which was first foretold before the actual events to occur. Often first establish from the lips of prophets and seers, possessing the foresight to predict future events. Hundreds of years in the making. It is the building block and destructive tool which shapes the rise and fall of empires, nations, and civilizations. A beginning and then an end. Often at the pinnacle prosperous times, the fall occurs. From the old saying the pendulum swings both ways, from one side to another, first shifted in one direction, but it is expected that at some future time it will swing back with extreme force. An equivalent positive and negative reaction. All civilizations has their own prophecies of their rise and fall, establishing themselves in history before becoming a distant memory. No matter it be the world power or modest country. Four hundred and fifty years ago, what was once called the world of Illiyum, existed during a more prosperous (compared to the present day) now exist in the age of shadows. The existence of the long-forgotten, only to be heard through mere mention and whisper. Shadow of the age which is passed into Legend. Despite the grand accomplishments worthy of mentioning in history. The world of Illiyum, thriving in many advancements. Magic, technological, alchemy, sociology, philosophy, art, political, infrastructure to name a few. The Vanguard and source of all things in existence. However this prosperity leading into a marvelous existence itself became Illiyum's undoing. At the height of civilization a new perspective transcended humanity. Ascension, the higher plane of existence, where one leaves behind all worldly matters including their corporeal form for the life of the ethereal. Mankind has always drawn into the habits in their hubris to seek godhood. And why would the Gods grant such selfishness and utter blasphemy? Yet to this, being the key factor calling forth agents of Darkness to offer the selfish proposal, which all men under greed have sought. And with Illiyum's eighth raining King, he was no different among the fallen. Ludin Arc Tokiss, said to be the first merciless King of throughout the noble lineage. Lusting in all forms of power, he use the world powers resources to gain massive riches. Pillaging from nation-to-nation through war, while dominating his own kingdom inhabitants, such as taxation which extends from the poor to noblemen's. A greed that holds no bounds, despite the sea of gold within his treasury. Always wanting more to no end. Until the day of realization, of his own mortality. During the years of his advanced age, Ludin, by reputation, deemed in the people's pronouncement through whispering lips; the Fierce Greed King is with great understatement. Yet in the age drawing closer to death, he begins to look pass material wealth.

This became common knowledge among the people, while carry onward to extend throughout all inhabitants across the land. This brought the attentions to several religious factions, to whom have often preyed upon the spiritually weak as they offered the heavenly hope in exchange for gold, among other forms of material wealth. Ever so often the king is greeted by a representative, according to their own faith, preaching their own version of life after death. Each one found uniquely different from one another, however the same in the offered exchange. Eternal happiness for the price of the massive wealth. Great greed nonetheless. Furthermore there were those ever so bold enough to ask relinquishment of power, given to their religious organization for the Heavenly path. In the end not one sounded pleasing or promising. For King Ludin, sought not a heavenly arrangement, since his aim extends towards immortality under his own established godhood. In what belief teaches in the sense of achieving once Godly rain over God or other gods? However, ones claiming such promise, can only be ones in opposition with god himself. The few of the last religious authorities coming and going to persuade the king continuously, we're eventually excommunicated from the Kingdom's Court. Never again to set foot in the presence of the king, since none of them appealed his true desires. Each one attempting to speak with the King we're often turned away without any consideration. This until one day exception was taken into account, when a stranger claimed he can meet what's impossibly desires in great fulfillment. A dark figure, within the appearance of dark robes concealing the face with the hooded robe covering, approach with a bold statement. "Words in the air reached my ears of a king who is seeking Godhood," said the stranger in black. "Are you another priest coming to waste my time with empty promises, to have their pockets filled with gold," this the king replied with threatening overtones. "Your words better hold some truth, otherwise... your head will be a part of my collection of false prophets!" Yet the stranger was unfazed by the threatening words and merely smirked evilly with replied word saying to the blood lust king; "my words hold truth yes. I truly believe it is possible to grant your desire. I can make you a God on earth." Likely it seemed too good to be true, thus the king questioned, "if you say it's possible, then why haven't you made yourself into a god or offer the high prestige to another king?" He asked the right question to a suspicious character, thus in-turn the stranger pitched a convincing but deceptive tongue. "I admit, the path to godhood is an impossible task alone, therefore the undertaking requires costly resources only a kingdom can provide. I have dealt with other kings but they are not willing to part with their wealth and... give up morality. I've heard much about you King Ludin, you are a man who is willingly to do anything to realize your dream, therefore you can help me see this through. I hold no desire to become god, I want... the glory of being the one who has created a god!” At those words Ludin felt complied to believe the stranger, seen a familiar look in his eye once he proceed to pull the hood from his head. Baring the look of death, the skin pail white, the face expressing malnourishment, dark rings around the eyes looked with deep conviction. Then again the persuasive words weren't enough to sway Ludin completely, but the end scenario lean towards the other males favor. "Too good to be true," said the current reigning King and furthermore saying; "don't think you can fool me with that deceptive tongue! Who is willing to give power to another?" At that the stranger held to his evil smirk with the arm extending out and parallel to the chest. Inverting his hand up words a black mist projected from the palm as a book appeared sitting into his hand. The book itself help no title, nor looked ominous in the slightest. It looked to be a normal book, covered in tree bark looking texture and bearing the color of deep crimson. Slowly the stranger approach the king with the book in hand and presented it to him with the upmost humble and submissive posture. "Take my words either a lie or the truth... is up to you your majesty," with his words The Stranger proceeded to bow at the king's feet while holding the book towards him. Oddly his hands began to shake and small pouring sweats trip down his face. "Take it... TAKE THE BOOK!!!" And his thoughts the word screamed, therefore compelled with Ludin accepting the book, The Stranger gasped a sigh in pure bliss during the moment of a single tear rolling down his cheek when first fallen from the eyes. "Thank you... I'm finally free..." a Darkness surrounded his body, engulfing the flesh until there was nothing left but the black robes dissenting to the floor. Repulsed, naturally this caused the king to drop the book fallen alongside the robes and taking a step back, "guards, dispose of this... garbage," saying with the upmost repulsive tone in his voice, granted the moment inspired. Doing so the Guardsman servant proceeded as followed, taking the book along with the robes to be place on a trashie pile sitting at the far outskirts of this kingdom's city, left to rot among the discarded undesirables waste. However, this was far from the end of this chapter.

Despite coming into one month pasted the strange event, regarding the king and the mysterious stranger and black hooded robes. That day indeed left quite the impression to be long remembered. And since that day Ludin himself developed increasingly odd behavior throughout the passing days. Bothered by strange dreams, keeping him under sleepless nights, a sense of overly frustration on top of being irritable, highly sensitive among the five senses such as sight, smell, hearing, touching, and even tasting. Most of the days he found himself lost in thought, roaming aimlessly throughout the many castle halls. And finally he was overtaken with obsession, thinking about the book discarded. Coming to another sleepless night under a full blood moon, the king found his wandering footsteps stepping out of the confines of the castle walls and approached the outskirts of the Kingdom. Coming to a full month's worth which created a trash mound, his hands rummage through all sorts of rotting matter and waste. Like in a trance, Ludin held no awareness of himself degrading his stature by digging through garbage. Throughout the night he dig and dig aimlessly and obsessively until the early morning where he had finally found what was desired. The book. Continuously projecting odd behavior, he held the book closely into his bosom rocking back and forth with a blank expression and long stare into the distance looking beyond while standing over the pile trash heap mound. All morning he stayed there lost in thought. Since his absence, the castle walls echoed in uproar frantically looking for the king. Therefore the Royal Guards search throughout the whole Kingdom, until finding the pitiful sight of a disgraceful man they call their King, sitting over a trash pile while cradling a book. None of them spoke of the incident, thus kept the scene of the matter in secret. Ludin couldn't recall the event nor how he became in possession of the book after coming to his scenes. Yet since then, he found the entirety of his time through day and night engulfed with reading the book. Page for page word for word he read the contents of the book, locked away in his study for days on end.

Written in an old and long-forgotten text, Lairun extensively backdated the old languages to decipher the words. It would have proved impossible one alone, if not for the vast knowledge Illiyum accumulated over the years, found in their books which created a vast library to home. There, most days hours on end Lairun surrounds himself within tall stacks of books for deciphering purposes, translating the the mysterious book which inspires the odd behavior. Obsessing to the break of Madness. On most days within the entirety of the day, without eating or drinking. Coming into the night, the bed in the master chamber is left undisturbed a few days in the middle of the week. Servants of the king, high and low status have notice Lairun constant absence as the steward it's now tending to the king's duties. Then finally long after, an advisor finally took action taking it upon themselves to approach and question the king's recent odd behavior that has gone on far too long. "Your highness, my sincere apologies for interrupting your... hobby, but I feel compelled to call attention of the harm you're inflicting upon yourself," said the high advisor of the Kingdom, the moment he entered the studies and found the king at his broad desk scribbling with his ink quill on rolls of paper. "Your highness... hardly anyone has seen you for a whole month, thus all of us has grown concern," he said and yet the king kept scribbling with a disturbingly quickness of the hand and more so without looking at the paper, instead his eyes kept to the open book. "Your highness..." once again set the advisor, this time finally gaining the king's attention as he stopped with the writing and slowly looked up with a cold stare. "Vas saru thazed saru deagre yrath ash kkath shatg," an unfamiliar and creepy language came as the utterance of the king. A cold shiver round down as the advisor slowly backed himself towards the door leading in and out of the study, "I beg your forgiveness your highness, I shall not disturb you again," said through a quick and nervous tongue with the desire to break from this frightful scene. "No... No... not at all did you disturb me, I was trying something. Did I say it right," the king asked, "no... I said it wrong, I didn't pronounce the words right I did say it right. Now I have to start over. No... I did say it right, wait... I forgot... Ah.. now I see." Lairun continued his heart pen strokes across paper and laugh the advisor to exit before reporting his findings to the others, and ever since then no one dare to disturb the king, instead left him undisturbed with his studies.
The words spoken, regarding Illiyum's shadowed history, Seer Saint suddenly came to a pause before the true reveal came under his utterance. Old age has weakened the body to make breathing even difficult, "forgive me... I... need a moment of breather." The sound of his breath desperately drew air into his lungs and the pain of it caused him to wheeze and cough violently. "King Lairun successfully translated the book within the first year he started. During the second year he began immersing himself in strange rituals, animal and human sacrifices while using dark magic and practicing necromancing. Furthermore he built himself a temple where the sacrifices took place. And different parts of the city he constructed pillars made out of pure baring the same color of blood. These rituals help him to harvest the souls of the dead. And using their soul he was able to extend his life. However when one take in anothers soul it's like two minds coming together. Thus each time Lairun consumed a soul he became a different person, far from better. He became a twisted man deep in the Darkness, obsessed with consuming souls. And in the end his body became a deformed creature. A monster, no longer man as his hunger grew fierce. After a while he no longer needed the use of sacrificial altar to release the soul from the body. Becoming a monster he was able to extract it through his own will, "Soul Eater." The base consumed all of Illiyum's inhabitants and from there it's set out on a rampage, devouring neighboring kingdoms which they once called this event the great Enclave. Yet was the long forgotten tale of Illiyum. A history which should have been remembered throughout the ages, serving as a word of warning. Recently I myself have learned of this forgotten story, but sadly... I am far too late heeding the wisdom, for I myself have doomed us all. Yes... I have help repeated history." Seer Saint took a long pause, breathing in heavy breaths due to the long-winded words of utterance which left him a little weak. Until renewed he carried on. From the old robes a hand reached inside the open breast slits, taking up what seemed to be a book from the inner compartments of the ropes. The eyes fallen upon the form it looked to be the same cursed book in the story he told, mirroring the same image and detail of words once said about the book. "Yes... this is the book. You must be asking yourself... how did I ever acquire? I once served a king, a great king who'd fallen in despair. The queen... fell ill which led to a fatal end. The king who I deeply respected and once was a dear friend of mine lived out his days in grief. His despair was my despair, therefore do anything to be read him of this pain. Therefore, I followed the path of sin, became a practice of the dark arts and necromancing. Either intentional or by cruel faith my research led me to the book. Like king Lairun maddness consumed me. I research, translated, and recite the words of the book. I built a sacrifice chamber. I have kidnapped people to serve as the sacrifice without any guilt, because I convinced myself I was only killing the worthless along with thieves and murderers. I've defiled the remains love the king's beloved. And taking the souls I have Resurrected the queen. At first I was overjoyed and immediately presented her to the king, but like the fallen King who first came across this cursive book, she also hunkered four souls. Her first victim was the king himself. Then she carried on to trusted advisors, servants, to quench the unending hunger. In my despair creating a monster, I was forced to slay the queen, and while doing so I discovered something. She couldn't be killed easily before I actually decapitated the head, which released all the soul she ate. However they didn't descend into the next life. No... the souls were compelled to become one with the book. I've discovered it's the will of the book. The book feeds the knowledge of the one possessing the book. Teaching them how to harness the souls to be consumed and corrupted before releasing, for the book to consume when it's ready. This led me to do extensive research on the book, there I learned of Illiyum forgotten history. And since I am the possessor of the book, throughout my years I've been haunted buy horrible dreams. Dreams of Prophecy and deaths. Heed my warning, for I am about to tell you events of the future. Creatures of Darkness doing the bidding of the book, during the days when the moon will darken and the sun don't shine. Blood rain from the sky, death consumes the world, the celestial Temple opens in the sky and darkness will consume the heavens. Everything will be consumed in darkness. These are my nightmares and ever since then I live my life as a hermit, preventing the book to fall in anyone else's hand to do its will. But... I am no longer long for this world, I have no choice but to pass the book to another. One I can entrust, one who walks the life of an immortal. It has to be you young Paladin!”
Back to top Go down

The Sacrifice (With ShandyFlowers)
Page 1 of 1