Surreal Illusions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surreal Illusions

This is a site for the members. You as a member get to choose how things go here

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Color Scheme (Open discussion)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
OmuYasha
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
OmuYasha

Number of posts : 8526
Registration date : 2008-12-21

New Color Scheme (Open discussion) Empty
PostSubject: New Color Scheme (Open discussion)   New Color Scheme (Open discussion) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 2:46 pm

Hey all! Omu here,

I am in the middle of taking up suggestions for updating the site with color schemes for background and text. If you liked the way it were before please let me know.

Rest assured, Silver's Pic and Namesake will remain unchanged. I'm only going for subtle changes here not a complete overhaul. Also, I've been thinking about bringing back the original color scheme for the month of December, the month in which this site were created. It is a way to pay homage to Silver I think.

But, please let me know what you all think.
Back to top Go down
http://omuyasha.deviantart.com/
GothSenpaiSharlow
Cat Poster
GothSenpaiSharlow

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2015-05-10

PostSubject: Re: New Color Scheme (Open discussion)   New Color Scheme (Open discussion) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 9:06 pm

OmuYasha wrote:
Hey all! Omu here,

I am in the middle of taking up suggestions for updating the site with color schemes for background and text. If you liked the way it were before please let me know.

Rest assured, Silver's Pic and Namesake will remain unchanged. I'm only going for subtle changes here not a complete overhaul. Also, I've been thinking about bringing back the original color scheme for the month of December, the month in which this site were created. It is a way to pay homage to Silver I think.

But, please let me know what you all think.

I say there should be an option somewhere so each individual member can change it to their liking.
Like, say, Shanyflower could have a pink version, and I could have a blood red version, and it wouldn't affect anyone elses color schemes.
Back to top Go down
OmuYasha
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
OmuYasha

PostSubject: Re: New Color Scheme (Open discussion)   New Color Scheme (Open discussion) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 9:36 pm

The way that Forumotions has scripted their sites is that if you changed it for you, it changes for all. That were why changing colors were up to administers because of it. I would personally like that feature, that's why I write bbcode in my replies to meet my tastes, but that feature is only used in replies.
Back to top Go down
GothSenpaiSharlow
Cat Poster
GothSenpaiSharlow

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2015-05-10

PostSubject: Re: New Color Scheme (Open discussion)   New Color Scheme (Open discussion) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 11:12 pm

OmuYasha wrote:
The way that Forumotions has scripted their sites is that if you changed it for you, it changes for all. That were why changing colors were up to administers because of it. I would personally like that feature, that's why I write bbcode in my replies to meet my tastes, but that feature is only used in replies.

Ah, I see.
Back to top Go down
shanyflower
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
shanyflower

Number of posts : 8023
Registration date : 2012-11-17

PostSubject: Re: New Color Scheme (Open discussion)   New Color Scheme (Open discussion) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 9:51 am

I say the words to a soft blue, and ya a d if u want to make this shit pop try adding abit more different colors besites red because red doesn't look to good with the sites maon theame
Back to top Go down
OmuYasha
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
OmuYasha

PostSubject: Re: New Color Scheme (Open discussion)   New Color Scheme (Open discussion) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 11:54 am

I thought so too
Back to top Go down
shanyflower
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
shanyflower

PostSubject: Re: New Color Scheme (Open discussion)   New Color Scheme (Open discussion) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 3:32 pm

Like how about changing this abit. The yellow words turning into a white! And the white words on top like members groups profile stuff like that can be red. Or a soft red.
Back to top Go down
infinite.mystic
Demon Poster
infinite.mystic

Number of posts : 6012
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: New Color Scheme (Open discussion)   New Color Scheme (Open discussion) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 7:49 pm

yellow is good red is fine but as shany said does not really go with the moon theme of the site personally i like purple text I know as long as we have a black background we can not use black text
Back to top Go down
shanyflower
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
shanyflower

PostSubject: Re: New Color Scheme (Open discussion)   New Color Scheme (Open discussion) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 8:31 pm

Oh wow this dark sigh turned into a depressing sit I guess blue makes things look sader k guess.
Back to top Go down
infinite.mystic
Demon Poster
infinite.mystic

PostSubject: Re: New Color Scheme (Open discussion)   New Color Scheme (Open discussion) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 8:38 pm

shanyflower wrote:
Oh wow this dark sigh turned into a depressing sit I guess blue makes things look sader k guess.
huh depressing? sad? i always like purple when i saw it on here it looked good
Back to top Go down
OmuYasha
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
OmuYasha

PostSubject: Re: New Color Scheme (Open discussion)   New Color Scheme (Open discussion) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 8:39 pm

I would not get sad from blue. Blue is a cool color, which I attribute to relaxing and soothing. Black I get more of a melancholy feeling than blue. I'm trying to make the shades as neutral as I can so it doesn't clash for those who would like to use bbcode, which they can make the background in their own post white so they can use black text. I am tempted to make the table background white if any of you would like that idea, or if you like the black background with silver text I can keep it.

We can continue tinkering with everything
Back to top Go down
infinite.mystic
Demon Poster
infinite.mystic

PostSubject: Re: New Color Scheme (Open discussion)   New Color Scheme (Open discussion) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 8:42 pm

OmuYasha wrote:
I would not get sad from blue. Blue is a cool color, which I attribute to relaxing and soothing. Black I get more of a melancholy feeling than blue. I'm trying to make the shades as neutral as I can so it doesn't clash for those who would like to use bbcode, which they can make the background in their own post white so they can use black text. I am tempted to make the table background white if any of you would like that idea, or if you like the black background with silver text I can keep it.

We can continue tinkering with everything
what about a silverish background would that work? or no
Back to top Go down
OmuYasha
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
OmuYasha

PostSubject: Re: New Color Scheme (Open discussion)   New Color Scheme (Open discussion) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 8:49 pm

Well, I would consider reading this in the dark. I personally like the darker colors because it doesn't blast my room with a whole bunch of light. I mean we can try it out, but I'll bring it back if it's too much
Back to top Go down
shanyflower
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
shanyflower

PostSubject: Re: New Color Scheme (Open discussion)   New Color Scheme (Open discussion) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 8:59 pm

I say it's too bright.
Back to top Go down
Lechin
Sweet Poster
Lechin

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2013-05-13

PostSubject: Re: New Color Scheme (Open discussion)   New Color Scheme (Open discussion) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 8:22 am

Yeah it is too bright. Just use a darker shade. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Color Scheme (Open discussion)   New Color Scheme (Open discussion) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Color Scheme (Open discussion)
Page 1 of 1