Surreal Illusions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surreal Illusions

This is a site for the members. You as a member get to choose how things go here

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gravity Pulls us Together

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OmuYasha
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
OmuYasha

Number of posts : 8525
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Gravity Pulls us Together Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 7:26 am

Gravity Pulls us Together You_look_familiar____by_shabazik-d56cfxn
Fenrir Vanagandr (left) Hati Vanagandr (center) Hilda Vanagandr (right)
Fenrir frowned and let out a heavy sigh. "I don't think you can't rely on a main protector. Everyone plays their part. I don't do this because of a lack of confidence in her. I do it because it's my responsibility as a parent" he said softly. He looked up at the ceiling as well. "Someone watches over while everyone sleeps. It gives the group a fighting chance" he said before the boat started moving strangely. A roaring could he heard, which he quickly got up and ran to the deck. He realized they got caught up in a maelstrom, which he ran over to launch the anchor over. This flung them out of the giant whirlpool and prevented an eventual capsize. He pulled up the anchor and looked about noticing a group of sea rocks and a sea arch. He navigated the ship around the hazards while observing resources the rocks could bring. He let out a heavy sigh before he headed back into the hold. "I think we're a little off course, but we're headed in the right direction now" he said before he cleared his throat. "Do you have any familiarity over these waters?" he asked.

bgcolor=000000 bordercolor=00ffff
Back to top Go down
http://omuyasha.deviantart.com/
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

Number of posts : 6905
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 11:38 pm

Mia Lin laid on her back, staring up at the ceiling with her hands folded tightly over her stomach. For some reason, she was being overtaken by the strangest feeling. She filed it away for other, and turned her head so that way she could look at Fenrir. "Even when one of them has someone who will be their main protector when they are both grown? Hati I understand. But Hilda... she will be alright." She looked up at the ceiling. "Once she finds her power...."
Back to top Go down
OmuYasha
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
OmuYasha

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 10:59 pm

Fenrir snickered as Hilda let out a very loud groan of frustration, but Tyr was very confused as to what was going on. Fenrir flipped a blanket over him and his son, which Hati's back pressed against his father's thigh. He was already out like a rock, but Fenrir stayed wide awake. As everyone else sleep, he had a very big problem with falling asleep or letting his guard down to relax too much. He looked over at Mai Lin and frowned. "I have to protect my children...can you hold it against me?" he asked.

Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 10:48 pm

Mia Lin let out a heavy sigh, rubbing her arms as a freak stray cold breeze blew into the room. She raised her arms high above her head, letting out a low yawn, hiding her mouth as she did so. She blinked slowly, a rare, soft smile flashed across her face as she watched Hati saddle up close to his father like that. "I guess I will take a place between Hilda and Tyr." Her eyes flashed with mirth, knowing that this would be a little annoying to at least one of those two. Besides... she couldn't be too close to Fenrir.
Back to top Go down
OmuYasha
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
OmuYasha

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 10:04 pm

Fenrir cleared his throat at the comment of cuddling before his daughter chimed in. "We are part wolf...dad is mostly wolf. Cuddling is what we do best" she said proudly. Hati grinned. "And daddy is the best one to cuddle with" he brought up. Hilda closed her eyes. "I think Tyr's a little better to cuddle with" she muttered. Tyr blushed before he let out a big yawn. "I'm tired" he muttered. Fenrir found a good spot and got comfortable. "I'm just as much a wolf as you two pups are...you two just haven't mastered transformation as I have" he said before he looked towards Mia Lin. "Well...take your pick...oop, looks like someone's picked their spot already!" he said as Hati huddled up against his right side.

Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 8:09 pm

Mia Lin turned her back towards all of them, a smirk on her face as she had noticed Tyr's shudder. "In the wild, wolves have this thing that they often do in cold or dangerous times. Often, the pack finds a nice, safe, warm cave and the children and females sleep inside, while the alpha and often the other males, sleep outside." Quickly forcing back a smirk, she turned and gave a slight shrug. "I used to have to share a bed with twenty wolf pups when there mothers got sick. I prefer cuddling when I sleep."
Back to top Go down
OmuYasha
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
OmuYasha

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 6:27 am

Fenrir looked back at them and smiled as he began to walked off, which his son looked towards him. "Where are you going daddy?" he asked sweetly. Fenrir stopped, but he did not turn back thinking up a good excuse. "I'm built to deal with the cold" he finished. Tyr frowned. "What do you mean? How are you built for the cold?" he asked. Fenrir looked back at him annoyed. "I've got fur! And I'm very big, in case you've not noticed!" he snapped. His son frowned. "But you're the warmest daddy out there! Who will keep us all warm?" he asked. Tyr shivered at the thought. "I can deal with it" he said before Hilda looked at him amused. "Then why did you just shiver?" she asked. She looked at Mia Lin and giggled. "Why don't you cuddle with us?" she invited her.

Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 7:56 pm

"I wouldn't doubt he could see right through it." Mia Lin really missed Kata. He had been so tiny when he died... Sighing to clear her head, she turned and rearranged the linens she used to make the bed. She really wished that she could be more... help to the child, or to his sister, but... As she was right now, she was practically useless. "I want all of you in here, to sleep. Right now, it may feel nice right now, but the ocean can get cold quickly. I don't want any of you to get sick."
Back to top Go down
OmuYasha
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
OmuYasha

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 5:21 am

Fenrir chuckled to himself thinking about the excuse. "I think that he's so depressed that he won't care to notice the fib" he said. He took at couple steps forth before he stopped and looked back at her. "Grandia? Is she some sort of seer?" he asked. After he got his explanation, he continued off to retrieve his children and Tyr, which once they got back Hilda was most confused with the change in location. "What's going on?" she asked groggily as she rubbed the crusties out from her eyes.

Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 7:11 pm

"That is the excuse I would tell Hati. Though I dount he would fall for such a lie. He is quite smart...." She closed her eyes for a minute, her mind castimg itself into the past. No one outside the Xin palace knew, but after four miscarriages, her mother had finally had another child. A prince. Everything was better than ever... until her brother, roughly Hati's age, caught a mysterious illness that had claimed his life in three short days. It was then that her father had started acting so badly. "When we find Grandia, I am sure she can help your daughter with her powers."
Back to top Go down
OmuYasha
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
OmuYasha

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 2:42 am

Fenrir looked at her as she stood up and he cleared his throat. "We try to stay away from fighting...our men are so powerful that things go to waste. It doesn't solve problems...just makes more of them" he said before he raised an eyebrow. "Cold?" he asked. He was confused but he got up. "Alright, but it's like balmy from where we come from" he said. He cleared his throat and looked off into the distance. "My daughter is going to need help in finding her powers. I only have knowledge of how my powers work, and I only have training methods geared towards it. I don't know how else to help her" he muttered.

Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 9:01 pm

Mia Lin slowly stood to her feet, remembering the look that had been on Hati's face when she denied his question. "We lead at home... but it is our men that do the fighting." Her voice could barely be heard through the door. Looking around slowly, she moved some things, the went over and opened the door. "Bring the children in here." She had found a cargo box full of cotton and blankets, and had made up a bed of sorts. "It is warmer here in the hold. Can't have anyone getting sick on this journey."
Back to top Go down
OmuYasha
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
OmuYasha

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 12:03 pm

Fenrir's sighed heavily. "I've been really angry...I guess Hati took notice of it" he said before he looked off at the stars. "Hati is like me in many ways...we are both strong, but we are stubborn also" he said before he paused for a moment remembering what Hati asked back at the port. "I just remembered about Hati's comment from when he first met you. You see...In our culture, women are seen as the leaders of the family. Us men have been taught to play supporting roles. It's backwards from everywhere else, I know, but...when you lose a foundation in the family like that...it feels like the walls are crumbling around you. It's not the whole reason why he asked you to be his mother, but it's a big part. He knows you're strong too, and he respects you" he said before he paused. "I apologize for my act earlier. I do it to throw off people who seek to attack me or spy on me. The men up north act like barbarians, but we all are anything but" he explained.

Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 7:25 am

Mai Lin sat with her back against the door, her hair pulled forward and pooled on her lap. She listened to Fenrir'swordsthrough the door, and she felt her chest contract with pain, as hot tears stung her eyes. She never cried in view of anyone, not even when her mother had died. Mai Lin had barely made it out of that room alive. There never found the cloaked man that did it. "It may be awkward at first... but share memories with him. Remind him that a great many people loved his mother, and that he is not alone in his grief. Let him know that those same people are perfectly willing to just sit there and listen to him vent. It takes a strong person to cry openly in front of others. Hati is strong." Her voice was calm and even, despite the tears that fell from her eyes.
Back to top Go down
OmuYasha
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
OmuYasha

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 2:08 am

Hati looked back at Mia Lin and his father confused as he thought she would have like the true compliment. Fenrir crossed his arms over his chest and watched on carefully as he tried to figure her out. He looked back at Hati sternly and squeezed the back of his head playfully. "You go back to bed...Okay?" he said a little softer. Hilda soon too her little brother's hand and brought him to the living quarters. Fenrir made his way to the hold, and he stood outside of the door. "Thank you...he's been having suicidal thoughts since Freyja started to get very very sick" he said before he sighed heavily. "Hati is very smart, but he tends to obsess over things. You can only imagine what her death did for that..." he said lowly. He sat down and frowned. "I thought not talking about it would help, but it's not working out. I can't get through to him" he said as he traced a finger over a knot in the floorboards. "He shouldn't be worrying about these things at his age...I'm worried that I won't be able to get him to enjoy his childhood" he spoke lowly.

Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 8:45 pm

Mia Lin blinked slowly, and suddenly stood up when she realized she had been spacing out pretty heavily. "S-Shut it." She said with a slight stutter, her bright red face gracefully hidden by the darkness. Turning quickly on her heel, she turned and thudded her way back into her little nitch in the hold. Pulling her hair down from the braid she had it in, she curled up in her corner and covered her face with her hair, fiddling nervously with the ends of her hair. She hated it when people were paying that close attention to her without being rude. It was... weird.
Back to top Go down
OmuYasha
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
OmuYasha

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 5:06 pm

Hati sighed heavily and looked towards the water after she poked him in the forehead. "I don't know...I still feel the pain inside" he said. Fenrir looked back at his son, and he frowned sensing his son's obsession. He was a lot more different than the other kids, and that was before the death of the queen. He got up, and he walked over slowly. He touched his son's shoulder softly, and he looked Mia Lin's eyes deeply. "You have a beautiful voice" he said.

Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 4:31 pm

Mia Lin let that last note of the song hang heavy in the air. "No. That is the language of the Phoenix." She said in a low voice, reaching over to Hati and poking him firmly in the forehead, a smirk pulling at her lips. "Feel better? If you want to sleep, I can always sing to keep the bad stuff from your dreams. It always worked for me as a child. It might work for you, too."
Back to top Go down
OmuYasha
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
OmuYasha

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 10:42 am

Tears continued to run down Hati's cheek. "I watched my mom die in her bed..." he sniveled. His ears perked to her song, and he stared at her mesmerized. Hilda looked over at her father poking his head out the door of the living quarters, and he observed them. He looked back at Tyr who was about to go out on the deck, and he stopped him from going any farther. "Go back to sleep!" he said firmly before he looked back at the others carefully. He had heard everything and thought hiding his own pain would make things better, but it were not helping his youngest cope with the great loss. He walked out and sat down on the other end of the ship to meditate. Hilda approached Mia Lin. "Is that your native language?" she asked.

Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 6:58 am

"I know... how you feel, child...." Mia Lin turned and looked out over the night-darkened waves, her mind casting back to that horrible, fateful day. "I don't sleep much anymore. Too many nightmares. I can never truly sleep too deeply, or I have those gods-awful nightmares. My mother... left this world at night, and even though I am grown up... I cannot help the nightmares...." She closed her eyes, and was silent for a minute, when she suddenly started singing a song. The language was one never heard before, its words meaningless to those that did not know them, but the melody was a soothing one and conveyed a calming message of its own.
Back to top Go down
OmuYasha
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
OmuYasha

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 2:24 am

Hati looked at his feet. "From what I heard...people chose to make life miserable and terrible for other people" he said before he looked back at her hurt. "It hurts so much! I don't like it! I don't like going to sleep" he said. His sister came out onto the deck to check what the commotion was, and her heart sank seeing her brother having another episode. She looked up at Mia Lin worried, but she did not want to make Hati's condition worse.

Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 9:44 pm

Mia Lin let out a soft sigh and walked over, sitting down and resting her hands together on her lap. "People are brought into this world to brighten up lives that would otherwise by boring and mundane. We are mortal... because we were made that way." She muttered, remembering the sight of her mother, laying broken and bleeding on the ground three floors down from her balcony. "Those who leave us are never truly gone. They live on in our hearts and our memories."
Back to top Go down
OmuYasha
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
OmuYasha

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 9:28 pm

Hati flinched once his name was spoken, but otherwise he continued to stare into the water vacantly. He eventually sat down curling up into a ball with his head resting on top of his knees. "Why am I here?" he muttered before he looked back at her. "Why do good people die before their time?" he muttered before he looked back at the water trying to hide his tears. "I hate living! Everyone I know goes away in the end! What's the point if we all die?" he sobbed.

Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 9:12 pm

Mia had found a small area to tuck herself into, where she could sit and think in private for a bit. She wondered what was going on, for her savior was in trouble. Hearing tiny footsteps above her, she extracted herself from her hidey-hole, and quietly went topside. Standing near the hold doors, she watched Hati in silence for a bit. "Hati." She said in an even, low, soft tone of voice, her expression unreadable. She could feel the dark turmoil in the boy, now that there were no other distractions.
Back to top Go down
OmuYasha
Heavenly Poster
Heavenly Poster
OmuYasha

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 8:36 pm

Fenrir sighed heavily as she snapped on him. "Look, I'm just worried...there's nothing else to it" he said simply. He stroked his chin after hearing what the Grand Phoenix was. "So that was what I saw" he muttered as she entered the cargo hold. He left to do his duties, and he went to sleep once he was done. Later that night, Hati started wondering the ship aimlessly. His face was solemn, and he did a lot of staring down at the ocean as opposed to looking off at the horizon or up at the stars. A darkness loomed over his head that he did not seem to get out of since the death of his mother and thoughts crept into his head...very disturbing thoughts.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Gravity Pulls us Together I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gravity Pulls us Together
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next