Surreal Illusions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surreal Illusions

This is a site for the members. You as a member get to choose how things go here

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A New Type of Soldier [Private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

Number of posts : 4483
Registration date : 2009-01-10

A New Type of Soldier [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 5:26 pm

Maxwell smirked hearing her talk about how headquarters wanted to keep appearances, "Sounds about right to me. That's just the military all together for you." He spoke stopping in place when she went quiet, "There's a few places with some pretty good food and heavy portion sizes. Good enough for me is that it's pretty cheap." He spoke with a grin on his face, "It's sort of old world food, so if you aren't used to it you might get taken aback." He spoke to her turning on his heel as he spoke.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

Number of posts : 6886
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 7:18 pm

"I had a bit of a mental breakdown a few years ago, and since then I have to have a mental check everyday." She shrugged lightly, shaking her head as made a rude gesture in the air towards headquarters. "They just want to keep up appearances. I feel perfectly fine now, so I don't see what the big deal is." She was quiet for a minute, then she looked at Maxwell with a serious face. "Are there any good places to eat around here? They had me under for a surgery before I came to the bar, and I am hungry as hell."
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 2:22 pm

Maxwell looked back after hearing the sound of buzzing of a cell phone. He could catch bits of her end of the conversation the more notable parts being '300' when she referred to herself and how she was looking for a place to live. The number was different to him though the second half of what she said was nothing new to him. Maxwell could see past the fact that she looked normal, he felt the same way back when he was still in the marines when he talked to his superior officers, "Let me guess. Higher calling up to check on you?" He asked with a smirk on his face, "I had that same look when I was still enlisted. Can't hide that look from me."
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 1:47 pm

"I highly doubt that..." She muttered just as her cell started to ring. Balancing the box on one arm, she pulled out her phone and answered it without looking, knowing that it was her 'bosses'. "300 here." "Where are you?" "Looking for a place to live." Her words were straight and to the point, all emotions stripped from it. "Do not forget you need to be in at 0500 for your daily evaluation." "Of course. 300 out." Hanging up, Myana sighed and stood completely straight. While she looked fine on the outside, she was sagged with exhaustion on the inside. Just talking to them made her tired.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 9:47 am

Maxwell could see that Myana had a lot on her mind about what was going on, seeing the leap she was making by trusting him in this position was enough for him to get, "You'd be surprised on what you find. Just give the town a chance and it won't disappoint." He spoke not seeming affected by the alcohol he drank the short time before, "But before any of that, it's best you drop your load off at my place. That way it's less room we're taking up in case some jack off doesn't know who you and me are."
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 9:21 am

Myana looked out of the corner of her eyes at him, silently lamenting that she might have to just up and disappear if they caught wind that she would be staying in the home of an ex-military. Or she might have to leave in the middle of the night if it became apparent of the homicidal AI that had been completely integrated into her brain. She didn't plan on letting him get control again, but there was no telling if something might trigger him. "I highly doubt I will find anything, but it would be rude of me to refuse so I'll at least go out and look."
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 6:16 pm

Maxwell shrugged his shoulders, "Training and reading is good, but every now and then you've got to say 'fuck it' and go out to do whatever sounds good." He said to her with a chuckle. He then moved to the door and opened it up, "Tell you what. After you get your stuff situated at my place, I'll show you around so you can see what you can do outside of just training and reading."
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 6:10 pm

Because of an accident when Arthur was ten, they had done something similar to him and so that sound was more non-existent to her. "I mostly either train or read. I'm not really a out on the town person. Especially with this." She motioned to the half hidden tattoo on her neck. "Yeah, I could cover it up with makeup or a turtleneck shirt or sweater, but its a part of who I am." The box weighed about twenty pounds, but to her it was like balancing a feather on one finger.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 5:55 pm

Maxwell watched as the bartender flipped the sign around. It was an odd idea to him, but he shrugged his shoulders at the fact since she was classed as a super soldier and had her secrets, "Less room to take up." He said to her ready to go and get her living situation over and done, "Since you've got two years here, anything you want to run around with while you've got the time? Two years can go fast if you just waste all that time." He spoke. Now that it was quieter the metallic sound of his foot hitting the ground was more prevalent.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 5:50 pm

"Hey, Wraith. Did that package from HQ come in yet?" Myana asked, turning to the bartender. "Let me go check." Pressing a button that flipped the 'Open' sign to the 'Closed' sign, he turned and left the front of the bar. Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out her communicator and checked her email and upon seeing nothing there, a sad look flashed across her unreadable face. "Here you go. A week's supply, and you just need to come back here every Sunday." "Thanks' Wraith." "No problem." Myana hoisted up the box and turned to Maxwell. "This is all I have."
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 5:30 pm

Maxwell shrugged his shoulders, "I suppose that the name if suited then. Both with nature and the goddess term." He spoke with a chuckle and getting up from the bar, "If you have any luggage in transit then we might as well get started. That way we can get it all set and done with." He said to Myana thinking about the fact that her name was based on both a flower and a nature goddess of another planet. Now that he really got a look at Myana he might have made the guess that there was more to her being named that than face value. Of course that could just be the two tall glasses of strong liquor talking.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 5:23 pm

"We didn't question it at first because the other older HES-MTAS didn't. But the numbers thing got confusing very quickly, especially in training." She heard his comment on how her name wasn't a very common or usual one. "On Traven, the HES-MTAS training planet, there was a small blue flower that tended to grow all on its own high in the cliffs above main base. The natives called it the Myana Flower, named after their Goddess of Nature. I always loved nature, period, and so the others gave me that name. And I guess it stuck." She blinked when he spoke of letting her stay at his place, and inside her head that voice snickered. Hee-heh... Nice. "Shut it!" "Well, I don't quite have all the money I need for my own place just yet so... I guess I could take you up on that offer."
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 3:00 pm

Maxwell drank down his glass then planted the glass down hard on the bar, "Sounds like a pretty depressing life if you ask me. Living a life where your entire life is depicted as a number because names are pointless." He indicated before finally feeling his hand shaken by the soldier next to him, "I wonder where your brothers and sisters came up with that name. Don't get me wrong, I like if. That's just not a name you regularly hear at all." He spoke paying more attention to Myana than on drinks, "You said that you're here for a couple years. Might be nice to actually have someone to talk to instead of drinking on my own." He spoke with a smirk on his face, "If you need a place to stay for a bit then my place is open. Not the roomiest or fancy place around, but I'm living off a medical retirement pension. I'm not going to get much more than needed."
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 2:44 pm

"It must have been nice to have a family. Sure, we HES-MTAS have a mother and a father, but from the embryonic stage onward we are nothing more than genetically altered super humans. We have a designated number, but that's it. They told us from an early age that is was pointless to have a name when we were always being sent into missions that had a less than twenty percent chance of success. The only time we got real names was when we were debriefed for the final time. Me and the others, we considered ourselves blood. That why we made up names for each other. The others were older than me, I was the baby. But they trusted me with their lives, considered me the leader of our squad, and I let them go in there without going in first." She motioned for one last shot of whiskey, and took it down in a second. Setting down the shot glass, she shook his hand. "Myana."
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 2:18 pm

The male was half way to taking a drink when Myana began her story on the events on Ares. He dropped the drink down and gave a small sigh, "Yeah. I know about that mess. Lost three brothers in that, poor boys just went there looking for work. After I heard that the HES-MTAS were involved to get the hostage situation over with I had a lot of faith that everything was going to end up alright. Then there was the explosion and the news that I lost my brothers as a result. I'm pretty much the last one of my family." He said to Myana before taking another drink, "Just one more thing I have to drink out every night. Not that I blame you guys of course. Even if you're super soldiers, you guys are still human. You make mistakes." He spoke after his long gulp.

"The name's Maxwell by the way. Former Gunnery Sergeant Maxwell." He spoke extending one hand out to shake Myana's, "I realized that I hadn't introduced myself yet and figured that it was a good idea." Maxwell added in while continuing to hold his hand out.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 12:53 pm

She kept her eyes down on her second shot, as she listened to his story. "I was on Ares... Me and three other HES-MTAS were trying to figure out who had infiltrated the power plant there on the planet, had was now holding its entire staff hostage. It made no sense to us, so Eight and Three went in through a dis-used maintenance tunnel. We lost contact with those two, and we were now complete blind. Just as One gave up on waited and entered the factory, the entire thing went up in flames. The blast was so strong that the shock waves knocked me back, and I got pretty scraped up from falling off three cliffs before finally coming to a stop. Three HES-MTASs... Fifty six workers and civilians... And everything with a hundred miles became a virtual wasteland from a even sprinkling of fallout. Ares is still on lock-down. Eight: James... Three: Arthur... One:
Kiera. All four of us were the last HES-MTASs to be put into active duty. Last I heard, the program has been suspended since then... But I feel like there is another reason they have paralyzed the HES-MTAS program...." She quickly took her last shot, shaking her head. "A war is comign though... The leaders in the HES-MTAS barracks seem... uptight."
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 8:34 am

The male smirked hearing her referring to all of the blood on her hands, "You aren't the only soldier, marine or any member of the armed service to be like that. We all have our dirty laundry." He said to her before drinking down the last of his glass in one more gulp. That was when he spotted the act of charity that Myana supplied, something he didn't expect from the secret government operation that was rumored to be a monster.

"So you want to hear a story?" He asked seeing the smirk on his face, "I guess I can give you that." He started waving the bartender to put another tall glass of the blue colored drink he ordered before, "It was the last battle of the war, I had survived two tours of duty without so much as a scratch. I felt invincible, like the gods had me in their favor. Right until the enemy showed their secret weapon. This thing wiped out my platoon all the way down to me as the last man. I was dug into the nearest cover that I could get to, analyzing the world around me to use against the massive monstrosity that was my opponent. As if luck had it, there was a penetrating explosive nearly thirty meters from my position and only three charges in it. Three charges to find the tiny fuel core in the thing's back." He spoke as the next drink was placed in front of him, "I bum rushed that explosive launcher as fast as I could, grabbed the launcher as fifty caliber bullets were shot at me and landing everywhere next to me then did another bum rush at the mechanical monster. That time I wasn't so lucky, one of those bullets took off my right leg. The shock I was in must have made that thing think the threats were gone and turned around. It was then I got back my senses and grabbed the launcher. Launched all three charges at it, only by luck one of the penetration rounds hit the fuel core. The explosion seemed to rock the planet. I was found nearly two days later, the only reason I was alive was that the bullet that took my leg off was super heated and cautorized the wound." He spoke lifting up the pant leg and showing that it was mechanical though realistic, "I was medically discharged and given a medal of honor for destroying the first secret weapon and only prototype the enemy had against all odds. Now here I am, drinking away that I was the only survivor of my platoon."
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 7:33 pm

"We soldiers have a lot of blood on our hands... Forced to obey orders, even if we truly believe they are long..." Myana spoke with a level voice, looking down at her hands as she waited on her double shot of whiskey. "But I have more than just battle blood on my hands..." Keep that quiet, Myana! You want them to lock you up again? "Shut up, Aries." She gave the bartender a fifty, waving away his protests. "You and your family take care of me when I'm low. Consider all the extra as a investment for the bar. "Sure thing...." The bartender put away the money into their safe, then went to attend to another bar customer. "My day has been bland as hell. They just let me out of the barracks. I've got to find an apartment and everything. I have two more years before they ship me out to Frion." She looked out of the corner of her eyes, smirking faintly. "I need a story."
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 5:23 pm

The male looked to Myana after she had made the male's arm go limp then to the other arm. A rather amused grin came up seeing the drunk limp out with his arms numbed after Myana had done her work on him. He then looked to Myana when she asked him if he was military, "Don't mention it. I try to keep things under control even if I can't just enjoy a drink." He spoke before moving to his drink, "But yeah. Ex-marine. Took a bad hit during the last war and ended up getting discharged. So here I am." He spoke picking up his glass, "Here drinking away the past, trying not to get dragged down by all the memories that I had back in the day." He said to Myana taking a seat next to the other military, "Enough about me. I don't want to ruin your day bringing up old stories." He spoke swirling his drink in his glass before taking a long gulp and draining half of the glass in one sitting.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 5:13 pm

The man made a drunken move and Myana was on her feet. Grabbing his left arm at the wrist, her other hand darted out, hitting him in several pressure points to make his arm go limp. "Bitch!" He went to move his other arm, and she did the same thing. "Get out of here Russell if you know what is good for you." The bartender said with a level voice. The man looked from the bartender, to Myana, then to the other man, weighing his options. He scowled and limped from the bar. Myana sighed, rubbing her aching hand as she nodded to the bartender then looked at the man that had intervened. "Thank you... You military?"
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 4:58 pm

On the other end of the bar, a grizzled looking male swirling his drink kept his attention at his drink instead of how others would stare at the new comer. He did not give too much attention right until he heard the ass refer to Myana as HES-MTAS. He sighed before picking himself up from the stool and moving over to the ass, "If you know what's better for you. You will avoid her at all costs." He spoke to the male that had insulted Myana. The look in his eyes showed not a large amount of emotion, but a cold gaze that seemed off putting. He then grabbed the drunken male's hand to get it off of Myana and squeezing the male's arm and pulling it back at the drunk's chest, "Now get lost." He spoke avoiding major conflict since a bar room ball would be the last thing they needed.
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Demon Poster
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy

PostSubject: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 7:30 pm

[Sorry for relative crappines >.<]

Spoiler:

HES-MTAS. High Efficiency Single-Man Tactical Assault Soldier. A program controlled by the government in which they breed humans to be soldiers from the embryonic stage. This was implemented to not only cut down on deaths, but also to enable the government to create soldiers that completely ignored unnecessary wounds and pain unless they were life-threatening. The HES-MTAS program's main objective was to make sure that a mission would be carried out to it's fullest, no matter what, and the program had been completely successful, and accepted by the people of the UFE, the United Federation of Earth, until the "birth" of the HES-MTAS #300, Myana Arya.

Myana Arya had been a great soldier, and an even greater woman all-around, until a distress call came from the planet she was stationed on, P-104: Ion. "Command! Something is wrong with Arya! She's gone-No!" The end of the call was punctuated by the sound of gunfire, followed by a cold laugh. Immediately, the Commander of the UFE Marines sent down a few of his men to restrain Arya and bring her back home. When they arrived at Outpost 1 on Ion, they were met by a grisly sight. All of Team Alpha had been whipped out, and Myana sat on top of the lieutenant's body, covered in blood, an absent look in her eyes, a insane grin on her face.

The UFE had her put to death, but the very next day, they found Myana sitting on top of her grave, looking lost. This was when they found out she was immortal. Afraid that she would go insane again, the UFE covered up the events that had taken place on Ion, and put Myana into a cryo-sleep. For an entire year, they monitored her. Finally, the UFE doctors announced her okay, so they let her out, giving her a two year, planet-side leave before shipping her off onto the new-found planet, P-105: Frion.

`````

Myana wandered into some bar in the city, still feeling groggy from the cryo sleep. She felt her joints seize up every few steps, and she continued to feel her back cracking as she sat down at the bar, stretching while trying to suppress a yawn, careful to hide most of the tattoo that every member of the HES-MTAS program had that identified her. She ordered a single-malt whiskey, and settled down to drown herself in the warming liquid when she felt a hand grip her right shoulder. "Hey, woman!" An angry and slurred voice said from behind her. "Your one of those HES-MTAS freaks, aren't yah?" Myana blinked once, looking over her shoulder at him. "What if I am?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Type of Soldier [Private]   A New Type of Soldier [Private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Type of Soldier [Private]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surreal Illusions :: Role Playing :: Future-
Jump to: